Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jharvey71884

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2011
So I ported two lines yesterday away from Sprint to Verizon. I called Sprint to ask them how much I owe them because I want to sell my iPhone 5 and iPhone 5c online.

They said that the early ETF price would not be available until Jan. 6 (end of my billing cycle).

But, they said that I could still sell the iPhones now, because the MEID are still available to use according to their computer.

My question is, will that change? He wasn't for sure. What is your guys experience? I'm not looking to skip out on a bill, it just would be nice to use the sales of the phone on the EFT, but don't want to sell something with a BAD ESN.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
So I ported two lines yesterday away from Sprint to Verizon. I called Sprint to ask them how much I owe them because I want to sell my iPhone 5 and iPhone 5c online.

They said that the early ETF price would not be available until Jan. 6 (end of my billing cycle).

But, they said that I could still sell the iPhones now, because the MEID are still available to use according to their computer.

My question is, will that change? He wasn't for sure. What is your guys experience? I'm not looking to skip out on a bill, it just would be nice to use the sales of the phone on the EFT, but don't want to sell something with a BAD ESN.
You haven't gotten your final bill yet, which means there is no failure to pay. It's only when you fail to pay that the IMEI/ESN/MEID will be marked as bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.