Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ApplePie22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 17, 2011
they had no way of loading numbers/pages/keynote even after two downloads of mavericks. they said they have never seen it happen before.

someone asked why i'd buy a mac with a report due tomorrow, uh, my computer was failing and i didn't want to lose my report

some people questioned buying a new mac w/o mavericks, both the imacs i bought last week did not have mavericks

thirdly, the store screwed up and labled my purchase date as 1/14/14, yes, next year, caused major issue in getting my serial number on the "up to date" sight

a shame people jump to conclusions without all the facts, i had a bad computer, got bad service over the phone, and the store did not process my purchase correctly.

that said, i have my new mac and am happy with the machine, looking forward to all the resources on this site.

happy holidays

Last edited by a moderator:

fig

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2012
Austin, TX
I think people were more questioning you attempting to switch platforms the night before something was due.

That being said, glad things worked out.

ApplePie22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 17, 2011
I think people were more questioning you attempting to switch platforms the night before something was due.

That being said, glad things worked out.

not sure why people assumed i would want to switch platforms on eve of a report being due, nobody knows me from Adam but who would ever do that? i forced to buying new and bought what i though was best avail (mac)

What was wrong with the computer?

somehow it would not allow windows/pages/numbers to be downloaded

Glad all is good now :)

Enjoy your mac! And happy holidays!

Thanks! love it so far except....the 21.5 feels a bit small, may need to go bigger!

mpantone

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
not sure why people assumed i would want to switch platforms on eve of a report being due, nobody knows me from Adam but who would ever do that?
You tell us. After all, you're the one who started this thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1684863/

"what a ***** joke, the whole reason i bought this today was to complete a report due tomorrow, it does not have the software i was told it had, nobody from apple care could figure it out, store manager was aloof and couldn't have cared less."

which subsequently got locked by the moderation team, probably because of your ranting.

Shall we have the moderators shut this one down too?

You are a belligerent, unhappy individual prone to rewriting history for your own convenience and not accurately representing your previous statements. Is this the type of person that forum administrators want posting here?

fig

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2012
Austin, TX
not sure why people assumed i would want to switch platforms on eve of a report being due, nobody knows me from Adam but who would ever do that? i forced to buying new and bought what i though was best avail (mac)

Well, whether you wanted to or not...you did.

ApplePie22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 17, 2011

"what a ***** joke, the whole reason i bought this today was to complete a report due tomorrow, it does not have the software i was told it had, nobody from apple care could figure it out, store manager was aloof and couldn't have cared less."

which subsequently got locked by the moderation team, probably because of your ranting.

You are a belligerent, unhappy individual prone to rewriting history for your own convenience and not accurately representing your previous statements. Is this the type of person that forum administrators want posting here?

so let me get this straight, i'm bad for the forum because i shared a true story of a bad experience, but you can sit here and make personal attacks and use name calling to make a point, and you are the model citizen here?

Luke93

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2013
I think peoples main concern is that not only did you choose to buy a new computer the day before your task was due but you chose go also cross platforms.

If you knew your computer was dieing you should have have been proactive and got a new one early instead of waiting till it would no longer work.

Instead of going to shops, buying the computer, setting it up, and spending time one the phone to Apple you should have just used another computer somewhere, surely you have access to another computer in your house, or a friend/family member/neighbour/library/uni/school.

There's always the potential for something to go wrong and leaving it till the last minute is asking for trouble

ApplePie22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 17, 2011
I think peoples main concern is that not only did you choose to buy a new computer the day before your task was due but you chose go also cross platforms.

If you knew your computer was dieing you should have have been proactive and got a new one early instead of waiting till it would no longer work.

Instead of going to shops, buying the computer, setting it up, and spending time one the phone to Apple you should have just used another computer somewhere, surely you have access to another computer in your house, or a friend/family member/neighbour/library/uni/school.

There's always the potential for something to go wrong and leaving it till the last minute is asking for trouble

i have wanted a mac for a while and as soon as the Dell went down I jumped on it. i didn't wait until the last minute, the computer died the night before the report was due, i had been backing it on external hard drive so i wasn't starting from scratch, just completing it.

either way, why is there nobody recognizing the fact the mac i bought was defective and had to be replaced. the service at the store was terrible, emailed my receipt to the wrong person, never got me a receipt, input the wrong purchase date, manager accidentally hung up, and in the end, both apple care and the store employees threw their hands up, said they'd never seen this error and had to replace the mac.

defective computer is a defective computer, no matter how foolish i was to buy it...

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Just because you had problems installing Numbers doesn't mean the computer was defective.

ApplePie22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 17, 2011
Just because you had problems installing Numbers doesn't mean the computer was defective.

then why did apple care and the apple store employees all agree it was and replace it with a new mac, which then loaded numbers immediately?

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
then why did apple care and the apple store employees all agree it was and replace it with a new mac, which then loaded numbers immediately?

To appease you. That's all. You obviously had either a software problem, an internet connection problem, or an App Store account problem. Hardware wouldn't prevent you from downloading and installing an app.

ApplePie22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 17, 2011
To appease you. That's all. You obviously had either a software problem, an internet connection problem, or an App Store account problem. Hardware wouldn't prevent you from downloading and installing an app.

to appease me or to get the device to work?

we replaced the software, tried three different internet connections, and two separate app store accounts, no luck. we replaced the mac, it worked immediately. why are you trying to argue about this?

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002

we replaced the software, tried three different internet connections, and two separate app store accounts, no luck. we replaced the mac, it worked immediately. why are you trying to argue about this?

Because I'm right. No hardware problem could have caused the symptoms you described. Why did you start this thread?

ApplePie22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 17, 2011
Because I'm right. No hardware problem could have caused the symptoms you described. Why did you start this thread?

the store tried to counter everything you said and failed, only replacing the hardware solved the problem. why i started this thread is not the question, the question is why are you in this thread? you seem to be looking to argue and that's not why i'm here.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
you seem to be looking to argue and that's not why i'm here.

That's exactly why you started this thread. These forums are for tech support. Your thread contains no useful information, nor asks any questions. It was nothing but a seed for argument. You should be happy about that.

It's clear you know very little about computers and how they work.

ApplePie22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 17, 2011
That's exactly why you started this thread. These forums are for tech support. Your thread contains no useful information, nor asks any questions. It was nothing but a seed for argument. You should be happy about that.

It's clear you know very little about computers and how they work.

anymore personal attacks you want to fire off? if in fact this thread was a "seed for argument," how do you justify being in this thread unless you just want to argue?

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
anymore personal attacks you want to fire off? if in fact this thread was a "seed for argument," how do you justify being in this thread unless you just want to argue?

I enjoy a good argument as much as anyone, but I have to go to work now so someone else will have to pick up for me. I can't keep you entertained any more.

ApplePie22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 17, 2011
I enjoy a good argument as much as anyone, but I have to go to work now so someone else will have to pick up for me. I can't keep you entertained any more.

thanks for admitting you are only here to argue, while not entertaining to anyone, you made it easier for us all to see your motives, and for that i thank you.

Beachguy

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2011
Florida, USA

I took his original post as saying his report is due the next day, not that he BOUGHT the computer that day.

I haven't seen enough of his posts to know anything about attitude. But his original post as quoted did NOT say he bought it on the eve of a paper being due. As well, what would you suggest if he had a computer that was about to die, and he needed to get it replaced?

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma

I wonder what was wrong with your first one.. It's really strange to have a problem like that only fixable by replacing the entire computer. Usually if you re-install the OS, you would always be able to handle the downloads properly. I would find it very interesting to find out what was wrong, if only so we could expand our knowledge base.

Sometimes things just go wrong I guess.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Is this even a thread? There was problem, now it's been resolved. Done.

Now what happened in between... was there a question?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.