Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

themwhite3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2013
Valparaiso, In
Today i got a new charger for my 15rmbp. After inspecting the DC part of the cord there are already frays in the cord. Should i make the drive to the apple store to exchange it or just live with it? I had been using my old charge with the magsafe 2 adapter. I'm just worried that it could affect the charger in the long run.

mpantone

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
Gee, if I bought something that was NEW and it didn't look NEW, I'd bring it back to the retail and say, "Hey, this isn't NEW like you said it was."

And if I got any guff from the retailer, I'd just call American Express's customer service help desk (asking specifically for the merchant dispute department) and have them follow up. I always purchase consumer electronics with my Amex, not going to waste my time diddling around with this sort of nonsense.

But that's just me...

Do whatever you like. If you want to drag this out into a long, agonizing episode, feel free.

aloshka

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2009
It shouldn't be damaged when you buy new. But then again, the adapter wires (the thin part) really suck. I mean any twisting makes them look awful and they break easily. I hope Apple will someday update them and fix that.

So yeah, if it looks used or bad condition go exchange it. Apple is great on return policies and won't give you any grief at all.

themwhite3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2013
Valparaiso, In
It shouldn't be damaged when you buy new. But then again, the adapter wires (the thin part) really suck. I mean any twisting makes them look awful and they break easily. I hope Apple will someday update them and fix that.

So yeah, if it looks used or bad condition go exchange it. Apple is great on return policies and won't give you any grief at all.
thanks for the advice. it was in the sealed in the box and the cords were sorta sticking out and i thought it looked bad. i went and exchanged it with no problems at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.