Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bludodge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2010
WFT, was laying in bed reading Macrumors site and all of sudden got "not connected to internet message" on my iPad through my wifi. Has full wifi "bars". Turned iPad off and on, (not just to sleep, rebooted). This sucks, now what? When I go into settings everything is correct there. I did, right before this all acted up, do an App update for ABC.com and GoodReader. Could that have screwed something up? Geesh, pretty much makes this iPad worthless not being able to hit the net. Pissed had to get out of bed to write this. Anyone else have this issue? When I turned on my mac mini, I got a message about an update for software. I wonder if I should try docking my iPad?:mad:

bludodge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2010
Unplugged router and restarted it, got the full bars back, and after once more typing in my password, the iPad now not only sees the wifi signal, it is able to use it. This is getting frustrated. This issue isn't like the other where people are complaining about having to retype passwords, which I also still have to do. It was seeing my router.

patman2862

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2010
fix to no internet

hi...ive just gone through the stupidest registration page to tell you this so hope it helps.
i had the exact same problem.
in settings click wifi. press the blue arrow at the side of your network.
i had a random ip address set automatically the correct subnet mask and no router or dns settings.
check what ip adress range your router uses and set manually.
worked perfect for me.
i have always been an apple hater and the first time i go apple i get this simple fault.
typical :(
hope this helps

TheBritishBloke

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
United Kingdom
Go into settings > general > reset > reset network settings.

This generally works for me. It doesn't delete any info, just means you have to connect to the wifi with your network passcode again.

drapestar

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2010
Hi I am having the same problem.

I have reset my network settings, turned it off and back on, but don't know what to do now. I am using my macbook on the same wireless network right now and it works fine.

The bars on my 'pad seem to go from 1 to 3 to disappearing altogether and then back on. If I try to load Mail it can't connect to Gmail server. If I go to Safari, I am not connected to the internet-immediately.

Please help?

Robin4

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2010
RTD-NC
Have you downloaded Spyke recently? I never had a problem until this morning. It was very frustrating. I realized that I had just downloaded Skype and it got me wondering, no problems before, why now. I deleted the app and everything is back to normal.

It may not be the actual reason, but if you just downloaded an app., you might want to give it a try.

ineedaname

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2012
Plug it in

Use the USB cable to plug it directly into your home modem/router. it should connect, and then once connected renew the lease under settings > wifi > blue arrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.