Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OBXFireAndIce

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
My daughter dropped the ipad... I went to a kiosk at the mall and had them replace the screen. I got home with ipad and bought an Otterbox, put it in the Otterbox and started playing around. The apps (including the settings app) just close sometimes immediately. I am heartbroken at this point, and don't know what to do... Any suggestions?

Popple

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
Take the case off and see if it still happens. If it doesn't then it's likely the case is installed incorrectly and is pressing the home button frequently. I'm guessing that's what's happening. If you still have the issue without the case on, there's something else going on.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
My daughter dropped the ipad... I went to a kiosk at the mall and had them replace the screen. I got home with ipad and bought an Otterbox, put it in the Otterbox and started playing around. The apps (including the settings app) just close sometimes immediately. I am heartbroken at this point, and don't know what to do... Any suggestions?

It could be iOS 7. I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 7.0.4 and some times apps will close and then open and then some times repeat. Are you using iOS 7 if so make sure your using iOS 7.0.4 and when new updates come out get them. Hope I helped please tell me if your using iOS7.

OBXFireAndIce

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
I am indeed using ios7.0.4
Also, I will pull the otterbox off to see...
Gosh, I hope it's something silly!!!
Is there anything the guys at the kiosk could have done to cause an issue like this?

OBXFireAndIce

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Out of the case and playing with the ipad. I have noticed it your finger is around the home button it will close out the app and bring you to the home screen. This would also suggest that the otterbox would be causing it to happen if it was in constant contact with this area.
What would these guys have done to cause this? Can this even be?? The home button is a push button, and for this to happen, all that I have to do is drag my finger near the home button, not really push anything

OBXFireAndIce

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
It appears that the screen/digitizer was not completely in place (dunno) and this was causing the home button to be super sensitive around it. This, in turn, caused the otterbox to constantly have contact with the sensitive part around the home button... This caused the apps to constantly close! I have been playing with it in the otterbox for about 15 minutes with no fault... If I press real hard on the otterbox around the home button this will still happen, but that's easy to not do!!! Fingers crossed, this one is in the bag!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.