Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrandom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
Long time PC user, just upgraded to a Macbook pro this Xmas.

One thing I did pretty frequently was reverse image search using google. On my PC I could be in one window, with two tabs open. One tab being the picture I was looking at, the second tab being google. I could drag the picture up to the new tab, which the new tab would then open, and I could then just drag the picture into the google reverse image search. Now, on my mac, when I drag the picture to the other tab, the other tab doesn't open, it just shows a little green plus. When I let go, it just puts that picture in the new tab. Does that make sense? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
There's a safari add on (can't think of the name) it allows you to right click the image to so the search.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Long time PC user, just upgraded to a Macbook pro this Xmas.

One thing I did pretty frequently was reverse image search using google. On my PC I could be in one window, with two tabs open. One tab being the picture I was looking at, the second tab being google. I could drag the picture up to the new tab, which the new tab would then open, and I could then just drag the picture into the google reverse image search. Now, on my mac, when I drag the picture to the other tab, the other tab doesn't open, it just shows a little green plus. When I let go, it just puts that picture in the new tab. Does that make sense? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You are not doing anything wrong... that is just how Safari works. Try the Safari extension BackTrack that will allow you to right click on an image and do the search you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.