Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

arem_duplessis-250x334.jpg
Longtime New York Times Magazine design director Arem Duplessis is leaving the publication to take a position with Apple's internal marketing team, according to Mediabistro. Duplessis answered a few questions for Mediabistro, but did not address what his exact role at Apple will be.
I've been at The New York Times Magazine for almost ten years. I have worked with some of the smartest people on the planet and it's been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I feel very fortunate to have been able to experience such a great gig. With that said, it's time for a new chapter and a new challenge.
The New York Times Magazine is a Sunday supplement for the venerable newspaper, offering a range of content including feature-length pieces from well-known contributors, highly regarded photography features, and a puzzle page with the newspaper's famous Sunday crossword.

Prior to joining The New York Times Magazine in 2004, Duplessis had spent time as design director at Spin and GQ magazines.

Apple's marketing team, which is drawn from both internal staff and agency TBWA/Media Arts Lab, recently lost one of its high-profile members for the second time when Scott Trattner joined Facebook earlier this month. Trattner had spent nearly a decade as Executive Creative Director at TBWA\Media Arts Lab before leaving in August 2012 to join Samsung's ad agency 72andSunny. That appointment lasted just seven months, however, with Trattner rejoining TBWA\Media Arts Lab in February of this year.

Article Link: 'New York Times Magazine' Design Director Arem Duplessis Joining Apple's Marketing Team

Will do good

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
Earth
Scott Trattner joined Facebook earlier this month. Trattner had spent nearly a decade as Executive Creative Director at TBWA\Media Arts Lab before leaving in August 2012 to join Samsung's ad agency 72andSunny. That appointment lasted just seven months, however, with Trattner rejoining TBWA\Media Arts Lab in February of this year.

Wonder what happen? Didn't like the culture at Samsung?

winston1236

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
Internal marketing? This will be the last time we hear of this guy, he'll be designing company newsletters and such.

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
Scott Trattner joined Facebook earlier this month. Trattner had spent nearly a decade as Executive Creative Director at TBWA\Media Arts Lab before leaving in August 2012 to join Samsung's ad agency 72andSunny. That appointment lasted just seven months, however, with Trattner rejoining TBWA\Media Arts Lab in February of this year.

Wonder what happen? Didn't like the culture at Samsung?

He just went over to spy for TBWA a bit.:D

michaelant

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2006
Internal marketing? This will be the last time we hear of this guy, he'll be designing company newsletters and such.

By "internal marketing" I think they mean doing normal marketing for Apple, but employed directly by Apple instead of an outside firm like Chiat/Day. So yes, he might make new commercials for Apple. And that's good for Apple. Quality stuff at the New York Times Magazine, for sure.

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010

yes, because he'd leave one of the most famous and respected orgs to do newsletters.

do you guys think before you post? it's crazy, i know...

Keith F

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2010
He's married to my cousin

I am proud of Rem. I hope he and Apple are a good fit!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.