Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
it must be i dont know, 7 years old. have vague recollections of buying it at least 3 macs ago. came to mind as trying to play tomb raider with the aim and fire and force buttons and whatnot,.....

can i use it either mac or pc gaming? do i need drivers or other software? seem to remember something about an app that you could buy.

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
it must be i dont know, 7 years old. have vague recollections of buying it at least 3 macs ago. came to mind as trying to play tomb raider with the aim and fire and force buttons and whatnot,.....

can i use it either mac or pc gaming? do i need drivers or other software? seem to remember something about an app that you could buy.

if it is an old iShock or iShock2, they have drivers up on their webpage (at least until very recently).

That being said, most games will recognize a usb gamepad as at least a generic gamepad. You might not get all the special buttons, but it will still function essentially as a gamepad.

Miharu

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
Finland
If it's just a generic gamepad with sticks and buttons, I don't believe you'll need any actual drivers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.