Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
Sent mine back to Google after 10 days actually.

It was really cool in so many respects but a couple of deficiencies didn't impress me.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Sent mine back to Google after 10 days actually.

It was really cool in so many respects but a couple of deficiencies didn't impress me.

Could you say which ones?

Was it the speakers, camera or battery maybe?

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
A couple of weeks ago I went back to an iPhone 5s and sold the Nexus 5 on Swappa.

I really did love the N5 and figured I was going to be an Android convert for good this time. Unfortunately I missed iOS and all of the apps/books etc I've accumulated. :(

Annnnd my other issue was like the Nexus was my "gateway drug" I wanted to try like every other Android after that and that would get costly. At least with the iPhone it's one phone a year, no temptation. :p

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
It hasn't. I RMA'd my first one and my second one got the larger cutouts and more solid power button. I haven't heard any difference in sound quality or sound level.

Thanks for the heads up. That's frustrating. Guess I won't be going back to the Nexus 5.

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
Right now I am back to using my note 2. So much easier to type on it. Headphones are louder, I can hear my notifications. Its almost like an old friend.

I still love the nexus 5 but there are a few annoying quirks and a reception problem at work so battery drain.

I am thinking of getting the t mobile note 3 to use on at&t. This way I can root and rom should I opt to do so.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Thanks for the heads up. That's frustrating. Guess I won't be going back to the Nexus 5.

I must say the speaker volume on mine is quite decent. I'd say it's not a problem at all.

The problem is the vibration... It's pure sh**. Can't feel the phone in my pockets when in mute + vibration.

Right now I am back to using my note 2. So much easier to type on it. Headphones are louder, I can hear my notifications. Its almost like an old friend.

I still love the nexus 5 but there are a few annoying quirks and a reception problem at work so battery drain.

I am thinking of getting the t mobile note 3 to use on at&t. This way I can root and rom should I opt to do so.

Yeah. I think I have the same problem. My Nexus 5 battery is draining faster due to the reception where I live is low. I tried the phone without a SIM card inside the first two days and battery life was really good. Put a SIM card today and I can see the battery going down much faster than before. Lame.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
My volume on mine pretty decent. Its not my GS3 loud...which was pretty loud, but its not bad either. Playback thru earbuds is pretty decent but again, its not as loud as my GS3 but sometimes that would hurt my ears at full volume. My iPod is louder on playback than the Nexus 5 is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.