Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

antdawe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
I have just bought an iPad but was wondering where you can buy the glass/plastic stands that apple use in their stores. I noticed pcworld use them aswell

CarboysDesire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't think you can. Why would you want to? It seems like you would have to be standing otherwise the viewing angle would be off.

DisneyRicky

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
Northern California
I don't think you can. Why would you want to? It seems like you would have to be standing otherwise the viewing angle would be off.

I agree with you! I found a stand from some painting thing I had, so now I use it for my iPad (I hun the painting). Works perfectly! Perfect fit and everything! I have it next to my MacBook Pro, and it sits there plugged into power, and I use Air Display. Works great! :)

ChrisGonzales90

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Hillsboro, Oregon USA.
I found them both at Best Buy, the offical Apple store and a local run apple store. I think the stands come from apple, hence why you cant buy them.

and if you could Apple wopuld charge an arm and a leg for them like most of their ipad and iPhone accessories cost $29 bucks. You can expect the stand be be at least $59 tops.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Even though it doesn't look the same, I think this model offers more funtionality for half the price ($29), this is the one I own and I love it. (just tossing in my $0.02)

H1944_AV1

H1944_AV2

H1944_AV4

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H1944ZM/A?fnode=MjA1MTEyODY&mco=MjA1MTEyNzg

Kaulitz

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2010
Bromsgrove
I really do like the Apple Store stands. I'm wondering what would happen if I enquired about them, maybe they would give me a freebie....wishful thinking.:rolleyes:

bigmallymal

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2012
re glass stands

Just come back from my local store where I was drooling over the ipad Air, and saw the clever glass stands. Apparently Apple have just patented the design:

http://www.patentlyapple.com/patent...patents-their-in-store-ipad-stand-design.html

But if you visit the online store you can buy a similar styled item made in sleek metal, aimed at chefs, or this ebay seller has them cheaper...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Belkin-iPad-2-iPad-3-Chef-Stand-Non-Slip-Base-Hand-Washable-RRP-29-95-/300867229632?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

kalt

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
While you can get a Satechi R1 stand at amazon for only $25 (they're on sale right now and have never been below $45-$50) don't bother with anything else. I've used so many stands and this is the best one i've used. I've had it since early 2011 and still love it.

DeLoMan

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2008
Well the stand came but I had to leave on a trip before I could take pictures. It looks amazing and works very well! Definitely appears to be a high-end product.

karboN.6

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010
Ny
I have just bought an iPad but was wondering where you can buy the glass/plastic stands that apple use in their stores. I noticed pcworld use them aswell

Theyre mad for the stores for you to get one would mean probably finding someone who got one they were tossing.. on ebay or whatever

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.