Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Got a new Up24 athletic wristband by jawbone for Christmas and am told it only works on iPhone 4S and newer models.. Anybody have any experience on the matter?

I'm told this Up24 will still work on my ipad 3rd gen, but does this mean I have to have,y ipad with me everywhere I go in order for the wristband to work at all times?

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
I believe that the UP24 uses Bluetooth 4.0 and only the iPhone 4S and higher support bluetooth 4.0. You should be able to use it with your iPad, but it will be much less convenient. The band will store hours or even days of data and transfer it to your iPad when you sync, but you will only have up to date info when you're around your iPad.

Alternately you might be able to swap your UP24 for a standard UP band. The standard UP band syncs by plugging into the headphone jack on your phone, which is much less convenient than syncing through bluetooth, but it will work with your iPhone 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.