Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gt1948

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2007
Scottevest

Customer service
"Please note that that Pack Windbreaker has an athletic fit, so the 3X is more form fitting than some of the other products."

Returned my windbreaker today (ordered 3XL), my cost, it was hot (nylon) and had a very tight fit, more like a 2XL or even XL. Jacket was also short, not a long as advertised.

The claim to fill all the pockets without showing might work if the jacket is large enough. If you buy, go a size or two larger.

The pocket idea and a place for my iPad attracted me to this product.

$75 is too much. I will skip on the vest (backordered) based on this product tryout.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Just saw this stand on the Griffin Technology. It's simple in design and seems to hold the iPad well in either portrait, landscape, or at an angle to type on it.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/a-frame#

What do you all think about it?

Way overpriced. I've been using this, it works very well, angles don't change unless I want it to even when typing, and folds up very small, and is very light and very very cheap!

http://www.amazon.com/Three-Display...?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1269807978&sr=1-29

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Yesterday I used my Timbuk2 Classic Messenger extensively and other than the shortish strap I was reminded of another issue I have with it. The shoulder pad doesn't stay in place very well, I feel like I'm always having to adjust where it is, and sometimes find it has completely fallen off my shoulder.

I went ahead and decided to go with the Tom Bihn Ristretto for iPad/Netbooks (Black/Steel). I'll have pictures and a short review/opinion. I also will have a comparison of the Apple Case (found one at a Best Buy) and the Marware Eco-Vue.

I don't use the strap at the moment. It needs gripey stuff on it - but i don't want to order their sticky strap because it will still be stiff like the original.

That is my only beef - and just slipping it down is doing the job!

neuro-nerd

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2010
Hi Everyone,

Just saw this stand on the Griffin Technology. It's simple in design and seems to hold the iPad well in either portrait, landscape, or at an angle to type on it.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/a-frame#

What do you all think about it?

I really need a stand for my ipad, hopefully something a little less bulky than this will come out and less pricey! My current setup is ipad naked, and a wireless keyboard, so I need something to prop it up, and incase's bendable stand scares me.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Case Logic E-Sling Mini-Review

I got something (apparently discontinued) that is a cross between this bag and this bag. But more the size of the first one. Haha, apparently they have rebranded my bag into an iPad bag and removed the flip over magnetic messenger bag style thing. It doesn't have the extra two strips of padding like the large one either, but my medium one does. I got it for $35 at Best Buy. They had one for $25 that is small that seems similar to this one that is a tighter fit. The smaller one holds the iPad and the bluetooth keyboard (barely--it slightly stretches when you zip closed), but I took it back because I wanted to have enough room to store papers that I get in class (or am bringing to turn in) without folding them up.

I really like my medium sized case as it holds the iPad fine in the Apple case and stores the keyboard without it stretching, along with little extra pockets. The metal mesh pocket is nice for keeping headphones in, it has two pen holders, and nice pockets to store an iPhone snug and keys. Its black with a nice red interior. It is simple but looks nice. As for long-term durability, we'll see.

Case-logic doesn't seem to be the fanciest brand, but it seems to offer nice protection, magnetic latches for the flap, and lots of little pockets: two sections, one for iPad, one for keyboard / papers, two zippered pockets: one external and one internal, two exterior velcro pockets, and five open internal pockets, one of which seems made for an iPhone and a mesh one for headphones, and two elastic pen holders. My only real complaint is that the shoulder strap isn't padded or removable but it is adjustable. Anyone have suggestions for a padded snap on for the strap?

Again, I have this first one, but with extra padding liner and magnetic flap of the second one, which I feel makes it nicer:

125395_1_1

125396_1_1

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
I really believe this thread should be a sticky at the top. It has some really good information in here.

Richard001

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
Nice thread… the most common accessories for the iPad is the iPad keyboard dock where the dock and the keyboard are separate. Other accessories are iPad case which can be put at an angle for easy typing and viewing of video, camera connector kit, etc. These accessories give the iPad the additional functionality and flexibility for almost any use.

Dim John

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2013
US
A useful thread, I am just looking for iPad accessories

First of all, I wanna thank you for sharing this thread. I bought an iPad mini last week, and I just bought a portable charger named Kinkoo to charge my mini. I like it because of its 8000 mAh capacity and fast charging speed. Besides, I am looking for iPad mini case, all I need to do is get my money ready. haha...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.