Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Can I add a Video downloaded from YouTube with a .TS Extension directly to iTunes without converting it to any other format to be used on iPhone or iPad ?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Can I add a Video downloaded from YouTube with a .TS Extension directly to iTunes without converting it to any other format to be used on iPhone or iPad ?

Nope. Use a TS-capable player like GoodPlayer (it's one of my top picks for TS playback). Is it a hi-res video, or a standard-res one?

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Nope. Use a TS-capable player like GoodPlayer (it's one of my top picks for TS playback). Is it a hi-res video, or a standard-res one?

But even if I have to play it with GoodPlayer the other point here is how do I get this video on iTunes and transfer it to iPad or iPhone ? iTunes will not accept it since it is a .TS Video. If I mail it as an attachment or download it from Dropbox it will not get saved on my device right ?

Last edited:

rctlr

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2012
You can add it via the apps screen on iTunes when you have your ipad/iPhone attached, or convert it with handbrake and add it to you library that way.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
You can add it via the apps screen on iTunes when you have your ipad/iPhone attached, or convert it with handbrake and add it to you library that way.

.TS Files don't get uploaded or dragged in to iTunes. And If I have to convert it why would I put this question in the first place My Friend :rolleyes:

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
But even if I have to play it with GoodPlayer the other point here is how do I get this video on iTunes and transfer it to iPad or iPhone ? iTunes will not accept it since it is a .TS Video. If I mail it as an attachment or download it from Dropbox it will not get saved on my device right ?

Via iTunes File Sharing: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4094

----------

.TS Files don't get uploaded or dragged in to iTunes. And If I have to convert it why would I put this question in the first place My Friend :rolleyes:

He too referred to File Sharing in the first part of his first sentence.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Ok, File sharing Now I get it ! Well I tried that aswell. I selected a APP and got a message that since the file is more than 200 MB cannot use it. So I guess a lot of APP's also have size limit to which you can do it.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Ok, File sharing Now I get it ! Well I tried that aswell. I selected a APP and got a message that since the file is more than 200 MB cannot use it. So I guess a lot of APP's also have size limit to which you can do it.

"Thank" Apple's idiotic, pathetic restrictions, not the devs of apps.

Consider JB'ing and using iFile to either move files quickly around or, even better, symlink them. See https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1464236/ for more info on the latter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.