Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rp2011

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2010
It seems all the issues they are trying to solve will also make all other devices including iPhones and iPads better. The product development for the iWatch will pay dividends.

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
It's always the screen... image retention on Retina Macbooks and iPad Minis, yellowing on iMacs... Apple should just get rid of screen on its products -- or build its own display facility. Samsung, LG and Sharp proved being too problematic suppliers.

Nickerbocker

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2012
Can't wait to get my hands on a smart watch. It can go with the iPad I never use and the AppleTV I never use.

So psyched to have a limited version of an iPhone which I can only use with one hand.

Send your AppleTV and iPad to me, I'll give them to the kids. I use my iPad daily and my family is on the AppleTV all the time. :cool:

You need to learn to be more responsible with your money and only buy what you will use ;).

Nickerbocker

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2012
Right. Because that's so easy to do. The three major Apple innovations over the last decade--iPod, iPhone and iPad--have really spoiled us to where anything short of market upheaval with a product is unacceptable and a waste of time. :rolleyes:

Agreed. People get flabbergasted these day when Apple doesn't release a new break-through product every year. And when they don't....:eek:....doom.

Please...these folks need to get real.

captain kaos

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2008
UK
Its probably not much, but the pebble used a 130mAH battery, so i would've though the iwatch should be at least this or more, considering Apples tech know how.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Because anyone sporting a smartwatch is unlikely to go outside often enough.

(also sleeves)

Citizen and others do it with success. It will charge from available light, indoors or out. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word solar.

captain kaos

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2008
UK
Because anyone sporting a smartwatch is unlikely to go outside often enough.

(also sleeves)

i know this is a 1/2 joke, but im rocking a Casio Oceanus with solar. Charges from sun and artificial light. Of course that works due to the face of the watch being able to house a solar panel, but i'd say there should be enough room around the bezel of an LCD watch to fit one.

Last edited:

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Apple - just give up and work up that Apple TV into a fully fledged product with App Store support!

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
These seem to be the issues that many of the other smart watches are suffering, but they have been released, allowing the public to pay for the development. I'd rather wait for something to be done right.

nzalog

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
There is a name for all these issues that are "plaguing" Apple's iWatch. Its called product development. You know, the process you go thru when creating something new.

Nope, never heard of it.

-Samsung

Arndroid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2013
Smartwatches are not the next big thing.

People should not be wearing watches at all.

The wristwatch is going the way of the pocket watch. It will be interesting to see in movies.

bobob

macrumors 68040
Jan 11, 2008
i know this is a 1/2 joke, but im rocking a Casio Oceanus with solar. Charges from sun and artificial light. Of course that works due to the face of the watch being able to house a solar panel, but i'd say there should be enough room around the bezel of an LCD watch to fit one.

The power consumption of a smart watch is likely 1,000x (if not 10,000x) that of a simple clock chip in a watch.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Maybe Apple is trying to do too much, maybe simplification is required.

Sony's smart watch 2 with its colour touch screen display only lasts three days. Samsung's smart watch is 24 hour battery life. Way too short.

I expect Apple is trying to get the kitchen sink in its iWatch.

ThisIsNotMe

Suspended
Aug 11, 2008
Just what I want. A watch that looks like it belongs to a nerd. Make a smart watch that looks like a real watch and they will sell millions.

220px-Rolex-Submariner.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.