Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
id like the curved edge to come back, the 5c feels really nice in your hand, as did the 3GS when i had it. but then you wouldn't be able to stand it up... decisions decisions

Dustman

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2007
I think that if the 6 doesn't have at least 4.7" and full HD display, people will start thinking about switching to Android more and more.

---SNIP---.

----------

This. Although as a separate device. I think the 4" fan club and the ~5" fan club both have valid arguments. I appreciate that some prefer a 100% single handed use approach. I on the other hand, fall in the 4.7"-5.2" category as I'll trade off some accessibility for more view-able content.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
This. Although as a separate device. I think the 4" fan club and the ~5" fan club both have valid arguments. I appreciate that some prefer a 100% single handed use approach. I on the other hand, fall in the 4.7"-5.2" category as I'll trade off some accessibility for more view-able content.

I believe there will be 3 iPhones launched this year: iPhone 6, iPhone 6c, iPhone+

The iPhone+ will be the larger device that some have been clamoring for. I think this will allow Apple to look at the sales numbers that year to see if they can phase a device out or not.

sixrom

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2013
It's both hardware and software that matters. Especially now that the roles are reversed and it's Apple who's having to catch up to Samsung and Android.

Oh sure, I know the response will be about how many units Apple sells, but I don't care.

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
You heard wrong. Kit Kat is not more stable than IOS, but android is getting closer with every release.

I agree. I used a Nexus 5 for a month and it was in no way "more stable". I had frequent application crashes/stopped responding.

----------

I believe there will be 3 iPhones launched this year: iPhone 6, iPhone 6c, iPhone+

The iPhone+ will be the larger device that some have been clamoring for. I think this will allow Apple to look at the sales numbers that year to see if they can phase a device out or not.

I could see this happening. I'd like to see a 4.7" or 5" iPhone. I feel like 5" is the sweet spot.

Dustman

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2007
I agree. I used a Nexus 5 for a month and it was in no way "more stable". I had frequent application crashes/stopped responding.

----------

I could see this happening. I'd like to see a 4.7" or 5" iPhone. I feel like 5" is the sweet spot.

Mmmhmm. Cut some bezel off the HTC One, slap on some iOS and an Apple logo on the back and you've got yourself one hell of a great phone.

Oh, and since it'll be the iPhone 6 (potentially named), it should be shipped with iOS 6 as well ;)

iPodJedi

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2013
Apple Store, USA
Design is what really makes people but the phones...if the iPhone looked like a cruddy old Motorola phone would you buy it? Of course not! However if the iPhone looked elegant and sleek but preformed like a cruddy slide phone would you buy it. So i think design and hardware both make a difference...

Lord Hamsa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2013
Apple's pattern indicates otherwise.

What's the iPhone 3G? Mostly a new case and only 3G and A-GPS. Same old OS.

What's the iPhone 4S? Same case and only Siri and faster. Same old OS.

What's the iPhone 5S? Same case and only fingerprint sensor. Minorly better camera and hardly faster. New OS though.

I think that misses a lot. The number changes correspond to form-factor changes. so a 3GS looked like a 3, a 4S like a 4, and a 5S like a 5.

But the mid-cycle updates have typically been where the larger hardware jumps have been. Ont he whole, the internals of a 3GS is closer to a 4 than 3; a 4S closer to a 5 than a 4, and the 5S will probably have similar internals to the 6.

Obviously, even in those cases, there are still hardware improvements in each release, and I expect the 6 will have some hardware improvements over the 5S, most likely in areas such as the camera and battery. But it's still going to have the same A7 and M7 chips, for example.

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
5" SCREEN

Nothing else matters for the iPhone 6. If it doesn't have a bigger screen, it will be a failure. No amount of hardware improvements will matter if it still has a 4" screen.

Everyone who still has the 4/4S/5 is waiting for the iPhone 6 with the "bigger screen".
A lot of people skipped the 5S upgrade just because they wanted the "bigger screen" iPhone 6.

bigwig

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2005
5" SCREEN

Nothing else matters for the iPhone 6. If it doesn't have a bigger screen, it will be a failure. No amount of hardware improvements will matter if it still has a 4" screen.
Bigger within reason. I very much like the Moto X form factor.

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
Whatever screen size they release will be fine.
Those saying that the iPhone is too small to watch a 4K / UHD / HD video are missing the point of the AirPlay functionality with an AppleTV.
I am amazed on how good the video recorded with my iPhone 4 and 5 look and sound in a 1080p TV.
So if it is 64 bit or any other hardware inside the iPhone that will make it better bring it on.
Certain things are clear:
1- 64 bit processor is already implemented
2- Higher than average screen resolution is already implemented, it's just a matter of adding more pixels
3- Faster wireless streaming speed is already available
Now if Apple figures a way to exploit the flash storage and use it like RAM when needed the multi-tasking will be kind of 'unlimited' or any other fancy adjective hyperbole used on the keynote stage.
And also improve te antenna to master faster connections.
I hope there are some additional cloud services provided like: free iCloud to allow backup of all the storage that the iOS device has: 64 GB 128 GB...etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.