Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
ipad air? if so, walk away. If he acquired it legitimately, why wouldn't he just return it? All launch day iPad Air's purchased through apple could be returned because of the holiday return policy through Jan 7, and most other retailers have holiday return periods as well. The retail price for that iPad is $799. $450 is not logical and way too good to be true. WALK AWAY.

Not true. If bought during presale for delivery on launch day then they did not qualify for holiday return.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
If the op suspects it may be stolen, then why even bother. Worse it may be a ploy to rob the OP.

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
Actually there were no pre orders this year for iPads.

You could order the iPad Air online prior to launch day and pick it up at the store. You could not order the rMini online until after midnight launch day. The return policy with no questions asked was 2 weeks when I bought the Air online, but until Jan 7 for the rMini.

joeshmo2010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2009
Seattle, WA
You could order the iPad Air online prior to launch day and pick it up at the store. You could not order the rMini online until after midnight launch day. The return policy with no questions asked was 2 weeks when I bought the Air online, but until Jan 7 for the rMini.

Any purchase on Nov 1 would have qualified for the holiday return period. I bought an air at midnight on 11/1, my return date showed Jan 7.

----------

You are right but those who bought on Day 1 did not qualify for the holiday return period and that was the question at hand.

Yes they did. I sure did.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Buying or receiving stolen property is a felony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't go any where near that iPad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheMorkDaddy

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2014
Lockup

no its not going to lockup apple doesnt keep a list of stolen items, just make sure you do the purchase in a public place with alot of cameras just in case something goes wrong, I always like meeting inside a bank everybody save and lots of cams everywhere

Actually, yes, activation lock works superbly at rendering a device useless. Any attempt to restore and re-activate it gets nowhere without the previous owners AppleID password. If someone cannot activate it, they cannot install anything on it, set up cellular or wifi service, nothing - they have a brick in their hands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.