Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve-Jobs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
I just JB my Air and Cydia is still trying to find the upgrades, it's loading but nothing's happening and I keep getting POSIX: Operation time out error. Also the it's still the old look.

Any ideas and suggestions? Do I have to re-jailbreak?

cheers

fardeenah

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2013
re run the jailbreak, if it does not work if possible do a clean install of your OS and then jailbreak, it eliminates all problem

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
I think it is just cydia traffic issue. No need to re-jailbreak or anything. Try again later in some time.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Did you do as Cydia instructs ? Open Cydia and let it organize itself, then it closes automatically, then when you re-open it, it will ask if you want to do essential upgrades - answer yes - complete essential upgrades.

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
I have the same issue and I've done all of the above. It must be a timeout due to traffic.

LoloBond

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2011
"POSIX error: Operation Timed Out": Make sure your device has access to the internet and try again. If this error keeps happening, it is likely caused by a repository server being temporarily offline. Try again later. You can also choose to remove the repository (see the method above).

"GPG error": This means that a repository is configured incorrectly. You can usually safely ignore this.

http://cydia.saurik.com/faq/fixing.html

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
For me, deleting the Ultrasnow repo did it.

I don't see any updates since yesterday at 2pm, however, but I no longer get the same error message.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
For me, deleting the Ultrasnow repo did it.

I don't see any updates since yesterday at 2pm, however, but I no longer get the same error message.

same on both comments for me

i just did a restore and am about to reJB just to get everything back to base and then add packages as i know they are ready. but that is just for my piece of mind i suppose as this seems to happen every new JB and then after traffic or updates or whatever it irons itself out.

Steve-Jobs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
Thanks everyone. Deleting Ultrasnow helped. now it works fine..

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.