Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What do you think?

• The suspension is fair.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • The suspension isn't nearly enough.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • A&M should be put onto probation and Manziel lose his eligibility.

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • The NCAA needs to revise its rules.

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Who cares, all the teams in the SEC cheat.

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters

AlabamaSlammer

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2012
Alabama
What a great game to end the BCS. Both teams played great football. As a Alabama fan, Bowl season is the only time I pull for Auburn. Sad to see the SEC streak come to an end but it's finally time for the Playoff system. Great season and look forward to the next. ROLL TIDE and congrats FSU

Attachments

• BdWjpd1IYAAxUyq.jpg
    BdWjpd1IYAAxUyq.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 72

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Sydde said:
And you are quite mistaken about Monday's game, Auburn will actually win, leaving 3 teams tied at 13-1

You were a little off.:p

Gee, why not make it a 64-team elimination like the NIT? :rolleyes:

I see no problem with an 8-10 team playoff. It is certainly better than the BCS monstrosity.

Last edited:

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I see no problem with an 8-10 team playoff. It is certainly better than the BCS monstrosity.

I would actually like to see this also. I can see the scenario of a team winning their division, having a 11-0 record and being ranked fifth, so that takes them out of play off contention.

I would like to see, something along the lines of the top 8, with the top four getting bye weeks or something along those lines.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Crazy Game, In a sense it was Auburn's to lose and they did just that. They had a number of opportunities to stop FSU but failed to do so.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Watching the championship game reminded me how horrible college defenses are. So much poor tackling it's ridiculous.

Good win FSU

It's funny how just a year or two ago the SEC was known for "man's football" and defense, yet the whole conference sucked this year on defense. FSU and Auburn's D were pretty much based on athleticism and 'bending, but not breaking.'

Here's the final AP Top 25:

1. Florida State
2. Auburn
3. Michigan State
4. South Carolina
5. Missouri
6. Oklahoma
7. Alabama
8. Clemson
9. Oregon
10. UCF
11. Stanford
12. Ohio State
13. Baylor
14. LSU
15. Louisville
16. UCLA
17. Oklahoma State
18. Texas A&M
19. Southern California
20. Notre Dame
21. Arizona State
22. Wisconsin
23. Duke
24. Vanderbilt
25. Washington

Final Coaches Top 25:

1. Florida State
2. Auburn
3. Michigan State
4. South Carolina
5. Missouri
6. Oklahoma
7. Clemson
8. Alabama
9. Oregon
10. Ohio State
10. Stanford
12. UCF
13. Baylor
14. LSU
15. Louisville
16. UCLA
17. Oklahoma State
18. Texas A&M
19. Southern California
20. Arizona State
21. Wisconsin
22. Duke
23. Vanderbilt
24. Notre Dame
25. Nebraska

Both terribly over ranked Bama to end the year, but oh well.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
What a great game to end the BCS. Both teams played great football. As a Alabama fan, Bowl season is the only time I pull for Auburn. Sad to see the SEC streak come to an end but it's finally time for the Playoff system. Great season and look forward to the next. ROLL TIDE and congrats FSU

Agreed. The 4th quarter was fun to watch. A blowout by either team would've been disappointing.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
Both terribly over ranked Bama to end the year, but oh well.

I'm not surprised by Bama's ranking. They ranked 10/11 after their three-loss 2010 season, though they did win their bowl game that year. In any case, they have a lot if work to do to prep for 2014, including naming a starting QB, improving their defense, and teaching their RBs to not fumble. They're also going to have to learn to contend with hurry-up offenses.

However, I think that Derrick Henry will come into his own as a major threat, and they have some other great recruits as well. Bama will also be under less pressure than they were this year. Among other things, they'll be able to finish the regular season at #3 or #4 and still potentially compete for the NC. RTR!

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Petrino to Louisville sounds like a lock.

I'm glad for one selfish reason - another job Narduzzi, the best DC in football, doesn't leave MSU for.

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
What do y'all think about the possibility of Lane Kiffin as OC at Bama?

I think it would be hilarious. Probably doesn't matter who the OC is, though, because Saban is unlikely to ever want to go up-tempo all the time because it will put his defense on the field too much.

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
As a bama fan, I hope these rumors are not true. Not a fan of Kiffin. From what he did at Tennessee and completely losing control of the program at USC.

On any other team or in any situation I would agree with you. This is Saban's team. Period. There won't be a power struggle or any other nonsense where coordinators are trying to do whatever they can for themselves. Now we can discuss if Kiffin as an OC and right now, jury is still out. We know he wasn't that successful with Vols and USC but we don't know if he would fare better with a top-rated recruited class. We do know that if it doesn't work out, Alabama/Nick Saban won't hesitate making the appropriate changes.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
On any other team or in any situation I would agree with you. This is Saban's team. Period. There won't be a power struggle or any other nonsense where coordinators are trying to do whatever they can for themselves. Now we can discuss if Kiffin as an OC and right now, jury is still out. We know he wasn't that successful with Vols and USC but we don't know if he would fare better with a top-rated recruited class. We do know that if it doesn't work out, Alabama/Nick Saban won't hesitate making the appropriate changes.

I'm definitely willing to give Coach Saban the benefit of the doubt here. I think that he's counting on four things:

1. Lane Kiffin's Vols almost kept Bama from reaching the NC game in 2009. He's also had some success as an OC.

2. Kiffin will be kept away from the press and will not have to do other head coaching duties. He also realizes that this may be his last best chance to reboot his career.

3. He has a good history working with quarterbacks, something Alabama needs now with McCarron gone and several people vying for the spot.

4. This may shake the offense up in a positive way.

Although the university gives Saban free rein in running the football program, I suspect that he had to make a strong case to AD Bill Battle to hire Kiffin.

2014-15 should be an interesting year!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.