Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

croooow

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2004
:eek: I don't know about you, but I like to spend my holidays with my loved ones, not being a consumer. :D
Good thing that the government and/or Apple does not require everyone to go shopping at Apple stores, you are free to spend the holidays with your loved ones and other people are free to be consumers. Choice is wonderful. :D

Swordylove

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2012
There is no such thing as 'Red Friday' in Asian countries. Apple is making things up. But sales are always welcome. Next they should make 'Green Friday' Sale for Muslim countries :D :cool:

Marv89

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2012
This would be like celebrating Christmas on the 10th of December... Chinese New Year/Lunar New Year isn't until the 31st of January this year.... What's the point?

Black Friday is also not on Christmas... what's the point?

----------

The color of red is far from just being the colour of communism. Red has been the color of prosperity, love, happiness in all east-Asian countries for millennia. It's just communism came and gave it a bad image.

I would also say that it is mainly the US where this image (red=communism) persists

Alumeenium

macrumors regular
May 15, 2013
wonder how many rich Americans will be shopping there this weekend

give me Gold 16 Jigga !!!

Unlock Unlock!!!

oh how the tables turn China :D

Nickerbocker

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2012
Good thing that the government and/or Apple does not require everyone to go shopping at Apple stores, you are free to spend the holidays with your loved ones and other people are free to be consumers. Choice is wonderful. :D

It is a wonderful thing. And it is good that Apple is having their sale prior to the holiday so that folks who don't want to shop on their holiday can still take advantage of this sale.

winston1236

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
I just bought an iPad mini last Saturday...:( from the pic it looks like iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod Touch and iPod nano will get discounts... and of course Macs too.

Oh that sucks, bad timing there! Unless maybe you can return it.

James717

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2013
Which Asia are you talking about?

Come to Taiwan and you'll see otherwise,

Taiwan may be better than korea, vietnam, and other lesser Asean countries but it lags way behind comparable countries such as HK, Japan, China, and Singapore. don't know about malaysia.

Taiwan is still a very Android country. Tons of apple stores and great numbers of fans, but sales have underperformed .

Drunken Master

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2011
Taiwan is a blip on the map of asia.

You're right, but your argument is still weak. Include China, South Korea, Malaysia and the rest and you'll see the numbers add up.

Lots of people here rub their last pennies together to buy an iPhone. It's all part of the status symbol culture.

tgrays

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2013
Does anyone know what time it begins? At midnight or some time during the day?

tuyylihk

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2012
So here it comes

Apple gives us surprise: 5s is also in!

Here in Hong Kong, 5s got HKD390 discount, same as 5c and 4s.
All devices and most accessories got discount, except Mac Pro and Mac mini.

No discount for both black and red Friday.
Is this a sign that mac mini will get upgrade very soon?

tgrays

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2013
Apple gives us surprise: 5s is also in!

Here in Hong Kong, 5s got HKD390 discount, same as 5c and 4s.
All devices and most accessories got discount, except Mac Pro and Mac mini.

No discount for both black and red Friday.
Is this a sign that mac mini will get upgrade very soon?

If anything, I feel like they SHOULD give us a discount for the Mini, seeing how old the hardware is. And if an update is coming soon, then all the more reason to give a discount for the Mini. That way, they can get rid of any stock and also appease the people who bought one when they see it updated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.