Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
People buying pets are disgusting.
Thee already are enough pets (especially after Xmas) who need a home.

The collar... Well, the rich always want new gadgets..

I understand what you're saying but the greyhound rescue group I've gotten three dogs from has a required ~$250 adoption fee. That money goes to medical and transport expenses. They take in a lot of hard luck cases and hard-to-place hounds so the money is directly help recuse dogs that are unlikely to have survived any other way. So I bought my pets but that money is going to recuse more dogs. Btw, $250 is nominal... If that seems like a lot, you are not ready to get a dog.

(The recuse group is Greyhound Rescue and Rehab... GRR..which works roughly in the CT/NY area. They do a good job of profiling the hounds and matching them with appropriate adoptees, so are able to avoid a lot if the problems people sometimes have with rescues. http://www.greyhoundrescuerehab.org/ )

----------

I'm always nearly inventing stuff :D

I invented Redbox and pepper water. (Only one of those happened... So far)

cambox

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
omnipresent
8 million dog owners in the UK alone, it's a good business sector to be involved in. If the collar had Apple written on it I wonder what the comments would have been then? Some people have no idea what the dog sector is worth, so just as well they don't do business eh!

kpumphre

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2014
would help

I have a nanny who watches my daughter and dog, it would be nice to know how active they really are when not at home.

SL140

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2014
What a bunch of insensitive and ignorant comments

This is a brilliant invention and I can hardly wait until it is available.

If you own a dog, and probably love that dog, why wouldn't you want all the information this Voyce product can supply to you.

Why wouldn't you want to regulate food based on need, rather than just how you are affected by those big brown eyes staring at you.

Why wouldn't you want to have information for the Vet that you ordinarily wouldn't have.

Probably, there were very few dog owners responding to this thread and that's OK, you are entitled to your narrow view of pet ownership.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.