Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

argon3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2013
Anyone here play War Thunder?

Now that War Thunder is functionally playable on Mac (relevant info and download here: http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/56254-mac-os-beta-test/page-55 ), I thought I'd check and see if anyone on MR played War Thunder.

Always looking for people to squad up with and am also curious what people are getting for fps while playing on OS X.

Late 2013 Retina MacBook Pro
2.4 GHz Haswell
Intel Iris Graphics
8 GB RAM

Game Settings:
Minimum Quality
Old Videocard Support Enabled
No VSync
1080p resolution

FPS: 120 -140 fps

Pickle72

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2014
I just started with Warthunder a few weeks ago. Nice game. Very nice looking graphics even at the lowest settings that all macs must use for now. I'm getting from 60-180 fps depending on the day and what patch version is out:confused: I probably average in the 120's.
I try to play only in the sim mode but because of low turn out there I can't usually find a game at the times I play. so I end up playing RB or if I need a quick fix I jump into AB for a quick kill(or get killed real quick).

21.5-inch iMac
2.9GHz i5
8GB memory
1TB Fusion drive
GeForce GT 750M/1GB
10.9 Mavericks
Mad Catz CYBORG V1

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Those are impressive FPS…. considering that you guys don't have (what is considered today) "one of the beefier Macs" LOL.

I have a "semi-beefy Mac". Intel quad-core i7! And I maxed out the DDR ram to 16gb. But it's not considered "full-beefy"…. because my late-2012 iMac only has a (mediocre) 512gb vidcard. :rolleyes:

Pickle72

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2014
So for right now the mac version only lets you run it in Ultra Low Graphics. But even at that setting this game is beautiful. I don’t feel like I am missing anything at these settings.
All that being said, I have heard that they worked really hard to get this optimized to work on non hardcore gaming rigs.

Now that I have said that, this game can put out some amazing visuals on a high end pc. I only hope that the mac version get caught up soon. Check out some of the user made movies out on youtube.
This is one of my favorites.

Matt

Sadisterr

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2013
I play it on Windows Bootcamped, because on cMBP 15" 2012 and Air 11" 2012 both running Mavericks performance kinda sucks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.