Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glas0203

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
Just got the base model Mac Pro Late 2013. I opened it and was very careful. It seemed that the little plastic ring right above the slot for the locking mechanism to sit in got scratched/dented. I lined the cover up and was careful but it seemed to happened without me knowing. Anyone else have this issue? Just curious thats all! Either way I am very very happy with this machine! Great to finally see and feel the design quality in person!

golf1410

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA
Just got the base model Mac Pro Late 2013. I opened it and was very careful. It seemed that the little plastic ring right above the slot for the locking mechanism to sit in got scratched/dented. I lined the cover up and was careful but it seemed to happened without me knowing. Anyone else have this issue? Just curious thats all! Either way I am very very happy with this machine! Great to finally see and feel the design quality in person!

Could we see a picture?

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011

You should ask phil schiller..whatever his name is...because he'll tell you exactly the same thing he told others about iPhone 5..."it's normal."

Lumpydog

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2007

Post pics - show what you're seeing

glas0203

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
Here is the picture. It show the mark/indent made on the circular part of the case.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    291.4 KB · Views: 235

glas0203

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
Is that metal part? Are you sure that dent wasn't there at the first place when you bought it?

It is the hard plastic that sits on the metal housing. I don't know for sure if it was there when I first bought it, but I highly doubt it. I figure apple has higher quality standards than leaving that there and shipping it. But you never know.

Lumpydog

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2007
It is the hard plastic that sits on the metal housing. I don't know for sure if it was there when I first bought it, but I highly doubt it. I figure apple has higher quality standards than leaving that there and shipping it. But you never know.

I'm upgrading the memory in mine tonight and will take a look to see if I see the same

golf1410

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA
Here is the picture. It show the mark/indent made on the circular part of the case.

I just got mine today. After inspection, there is a scratch right where the latch of the cover contact where it sits. Moreover, Couple little small dents are at the vent of the fan on the top of Mac Pro. Should I leave it?

Macsonic

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2009
I just got mine today. After inspection, there is a scratch right where the latch of the cover contact where it sits. Moreover, Couple little small dents are at the vent of the fan on the top of Mac Pro. Should I leave it?

Might be best to have it replaced by Apple since you got this brand new at a premium price. The unit should not have any scratches and dents. If you decide to keep the unit and later on would want for a replacement the processing with Apple might be harder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.