Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
With the changes in the latest update to FCPX (10.1), Im wondering if its better to keep seperate libraries?

Previously, I had all my events listed as normal, and all projects organised into project folders so I could easily find a project, or create a new project within the same group as others.

With the new update, as library organisation has changed, the project is in with its default event (Ive moved all old projects into their default events as well, so that everythings organised).

So at the moment, I have a list of all my events with all the projects within their events, in one large 1.5TB FCPX library.

Is it now more 'efficient' to create seperate libraries for each topic, and then just open the library you need to work in, or create a new event/project in?
So, for example, I have 2 libraraies for TOPIC A and TOPIC B, each library has all related events and projects within. I then simply open the library I require (or open multiple libraries together if need be).

I understand how to move projects and events between libraraies, how to open and close libraries etc. However, does opening a smaller library increase overall workflow efficiency, rather then having one large library with everything in it??

Whats your workflow? Do you now have multiple libraries, or work from one single large library??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.