Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylefranchize

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2014
I currently have an unlocked GSM iPhone 4s (previously AT&T) which the lock button is broken. I would like to get an iPhone on Virgin Mobile USA. If I take my current iPhone to an Apple Store will they give me a new phone and set it up on VMUSA? Thank you.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
You get the same exact model with the same carrier that you brought in. If they don't have one to exchange, they will order one which will take a day or two.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
An unlocked GSM iPhone is worth much more than the CDMA ones. So I would suggest you get your GSM one replaced, sell it for a nice amount, use some of the money to get a Virgin iPhone 4S which will probably be cheaper than what you can sell your GSM 4S for. You'll actually come out ahead a little bit.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
An unlocked GSM iPhone is worth much more than the CDMA ones. So I would suggest you get your GSM one replaced, sell it for a nice amount, use some of the money to get a Virgin iPhone 4S which will probably be cheaper than what you can sell your GSM 4S for. You'll actually come out ahead a little bit.
Not so much once you get beyond the 4S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.