Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With Apple's newest flagship retail store set to open on Friday in Brisbane, Australia, the first photos of the impressive MacArthur Chambers location are beginning to emerge. These photos were sent to us by MacRumors reader Phillip and show the nearly completed store stocked with merchandise.

The store is located in the famous MacArthur Chambers building, a 10-story high-rise that was originally constructed back in 1934. Building plans indicated that Apple made some minor changes to the structure, adding windows, a stairway, and other features.

brisbane2.jpg

brisbane.jpg

brisbane3.jpg

A number of other photos of the store were separately posted on the Australian website Reckoner. The new location is scheduled to open on Friday, January 17 at 10 a.m., and both workshop reservations and Genius Bar appointments are already being accepted on its website.

The store has been in the works for nearly three years and is one of twenty-one locations now open in Australia, including the stunning George Street location in Sydney.

Article Link: First Images of Completed Brisbane, Australia Flagship Apple Retail Store Emerge

Last edited:

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Beautiful, we're pretty lucky in the Australian capital cities to have a number of Apple Stores at our disposal.

It's great we now also have a historic Apple Store in the mix too.

chirpie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2010
I'm always curious just how much they change behind the scenes to not get in the way of what was there, and how much is their own custom touch on things.

It always looks like a fairly minor diversion of these types of spaces, and I'm sure that's kind of the point.

Pyrrhic Victory

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2012
Apple with their $120B in cash couldn't higher a half decent photographer with a camera better than an iphone to take pictures of a flagship store? This is straight out of Tim Cook the beancounter's penny-pinching playbook and Jobs never would have allowed such shoddy work.

jlgolson

Contributing Editor
Jun 2, 2011
Durango, CO
Apple with their $120B in cash couldn't higher a half decent photographer with a camera better than an iphone to take pictures of a flagship store? This is straight out of Tim Cook the beancounter's penny-pinching playbook and Jobs never would have allowed such shoddy work.
These were taken by a MacRumors reader walking by the store.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
Man, there are some really beautiful Apple stores, seemingly mostly international. I've been to lots of Apple stores in the U.S. (2-3 dozen) and they are all really generic. Nice, but not really impressive in any way.

nazaar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2008
That's a nice looking store. But is it me or does it feel a little sterile...?

joshwenke

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2011
It reminds me of a library. All that's missing are shelves of books.

When do people use books anymore?! I just use my iPad :cool:

Anyhow, nice work Apple on another beautiful retail store. Nobody can do it quite like you can.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
apple is no different than starbucks...whereever you go..there always will be apple store.

hasanahmad

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2009
All these new offices and buildings will mean nothing if Apple doesn't start innovating again. They are getting back to the stagnancy of the 90s

jfoley89

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2013
I walk past this store everyday on my way to work...might drop in if I'm running early one day

JamonBull

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2009
Australia
This is so exciting! Can't wait to visit on Friday night. Brisbane is really lucky to have two great stores in its suburbs (Chermside and Carindale) and now an amazing historical one in its city center as well. Proud Queenslander and Apple fan right here!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.