Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wuiffi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2011
I think there are enough people that like you for them to continue producing the current size. I bet Apple will get rid of the iPhone 5C category and offer two iPhone sizes; the current 4" and a bigger one.

that would be awesome. As long as both devices have the same hardware (not like the HTC One Mini or the Samsung Galaxy S 3 mini)

kweevuss

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2012
Well this might be the year I switch from iOS... I really don't want a larger phone. IMO if you are spending enough time on your phone that you need a bigger screen you should be using a tablet.

In another way I wouldn't mind if they had different screen sizes, but what will bother me the most is probably the smallest screen size is going to be considered the cheaper version and not get the newest processor maybe even touch ID etc etc. to each their own I guess

afd

macrumors 65816
Apr 12, 2005
Scotland
I am also one of those preferring a smaller screen size. I don't care if Apple introduces a larger one -- most people prefer a larger screen size -- but I sure hope they leave the smaller one as an option!

I don't mind if Apple giving us the choice of sizes of phone, as long as there isn't a must have feature that's only available on the biggest one. I like the size of my 5 and hope my next phone won't be any larger.

perealb

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2009
Meh, what's with all these predictions that upcoming iDevices will use resolutions that will further fragment the iOS ecosystem? It's fine as is, there's only a handful of different resolutions to design for... but let's not add any more.
I don't think there will be a problem to the current app ecosystem if they make a bigger iPhone. They can easily scale up current applications to fit a bigger screen with a bigger resolution until developers readjust their apps.

kweevuss

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2012
I don't mind if Apple giving us the choice of sizes of phone, as long as there isn't a must have feature that's only available on the biggest one. I like the size of my 5 and hope my next phone won't be any larger.

Agreed!

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
A 12" iPad would be great.

A 12" iPad without a Wacom-like digitizer would not be so great.

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
The 12.9 "iPad Pro" is going to turn out to be a Macbook.

(Feel free to quote this if/when I'm wrong)

I hope... The idea of having an iPad that big is comical to me. Sure you would be more productive with more real estate and people would have an option but a 13 inch ipad defeats one main reason to get an ipad .... Portability

Smartass

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2012
from a developer's perspective...

...yay :/

oh boo hoo, so you'll need to sit a couple of more hours to make your apps fit bigger screen.
It's like a bus driver would be pissed off because he has to make a little longer detour once in 2 years on his daily route.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
that would be awesome. As long as both devices have the same hardware (not like the HTC One Mini or the Samsung Galaxy S 3 mini)

Agreed; I shouldn't be "penalised" in processor grunt just because I prefer a smaller screen.

AlphaHumanus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
"The firm's forecast predicts the Cupertino company may adopt a 1.3-inch display for women and a larger 1.6-inch display for men"

I know this has been done to death, but having two sizes would be welcome!
so long as .....

Although they shouldn't be marketed as "small=female, large=male" -not everyone wants a huge-ass piece of bling on their wrist....
This. I don't want to be shoe-horned into buying a larger watch because the smaller version is too effeminate. Although I believe that is unlikely, 'cause :apple:

Wait....MR wants us to believe that the iPhone will go from 4" to 5.5"? All based on some supply chain check? Because analysts have been so accurate with their supply chain checks in the past?
Nope, MR is just letting you know the latest news and rumors. Not sure MR cares what you believe, or how accurate these guesses and "supply chain reports" are. Page hits, its all page hits.

Dades

macrumors member
May 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
I hope... The idea of having an iPad that big is comical to me. Sure you would be more productive with more real estate and people would have an option but a 13 inch ipad defeats one main reason to get an ipad .... Portability
There's a lot more to an iPad than portability. Instantly on... touchscreen... battery life... Apple ecosystem.

My iPad only ever sees use in my kitchen or my living room - and is always supported by a stand/cushion/whatever. I'd love a slightly bigger version as i watch a lot of TV/sport/video on mine.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Me too, one of the biggest reasons I jumped from Android to iOS 18 months ago, I didn't like where the size was heading in the higher end Samsung, etc phones..

Apple should just add phone hardware to the iPad mini. I mean if people want a ridiculously large phone, then give them a really ridiculously large phone!

(Actually, it would be a welcome addition. If I really need to make a phone call, and I have the choice between looking like an idiot making a phone call with the iPad, or not making an important call, then I'd rather have that choice).

zergslayer69

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2009
If the iphone 6 is 5.5" that's enough to get me back to using an apple smartphone after switching away since the iphone 4. If that 6.2" screen is actually true, even more so! Insta buy! But for some reason I feel like they'll disappoint and bump it up to 4.5, or 5" max. Oh well.

SVTmaniac

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2013
All of you "anti larger screen" people need to realise that if you want a battery that actually lasts you more than half a day, something has to give and in this case it's going to be a larger screen to fit a larger battery. My LG G2 is amazing with battery life simply because they could cram a much larger battery in it than the iPhone can. I'm one of the many people eagerly waiting to switch to an iPhone as soon as they release a screen size that isn't designed for small children.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Well this might be the year I switch from iOS... I really don't want a larger phone. IMO if you are spending enough time on your phone that you need a bigger screen you should be using a tablet.

In another way I wouldn't mind if they had different screen sizes, but what will bother me the most is probably the smallest screen size is going to be considered the cheaper version and not get the newest processor maybe even touch ID etc etc. to each their own I guess

Like the mini....itll get a reduced color gamut and a gimped processor.

mozumder

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2009
The 12.9 "iPad Pro" is going to turn out to be a Macbook.

(Feel free to quote this if/when I'm wrong)

Totally agree.

12" tablets are just too big, and completely awkward to hold.

The only usable device here is the 4.7" iPhone, which would be in addition to their 4" iPhone.

An iWatch is a complete joke. Absolutely no one is interested in a watch. Watches are jewelry, and the only thing that matters about watches is how good they look when you dress, or how expensive they are (the more expensive the better), and not what they do. And Apple isn't in the jewelry business.

The worst people in the world are adults that think of watches are tech devices. These people are horrible people, and need to get a life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.