Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

92P92

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2013
Belgium
Hello

I left my Iphone 5 charging last night, I woke up 30 minutes ago and it's just dead. It has shut itself off during the night I guess and I can't turn it on. 15 minutes ago i tried charging at another socket but it doesn't seem to help.

Does anyone know a quick fix because I live in a country without an official Apple flagship store so when I return it to the store where I bought it, I won't have my phone for like 3 weeks because they have to send them to Apple.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Can you try a different cable/charger?

Do you actually get the low battery icon if you try to power the phone on?

92P92

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2013
Belgium
Can you try a different cable/charger?

Do you actually get the low battery icon if you try to power the phone on?

I have only one lightning cable so i can't try another one.

Nope no low battery icon. The screen just stays black when I try to turn it on

ugcop

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Traveling @ Warp Speed ...... USA
Sounds like you are good to go. Just remember that holding the power and home button down for about 10 seconds or until the Apple logo appears is rebooting the phone. Like a computer rebooting fixes a lot of problems.

jjbad

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2014
My iPhone 5 dead as well when my cheap charger blown up. Please help what can I do.. do I need to replace the battery by my self? Is the explosion cause a big damage on my iPhone? or shall I bring it to Apple shop or high St. repair shop? How much it cost me? please help!!!

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2013
My iPhone 5 dead as well when my cheap charger blown up. Please help what can I do.. do I need to replace the battery by my self? Is the explosion cause a big damage on my iPhone? or shall I bring it to Apple shop or high St. repair shop? How much it cost me? please help!!!

Take it to Apple. Nobody here can tell you what is wrong with it or what may need replaced/repaired based on this description. Also, nobody here can quote a price for repairs/replacements.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.