Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grOOvalicious

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
I'm trying to find an app that can hide the clock in the status bar as well as display the memory I have left on my iPhone.

Any suggestions that are compatible with iOS 5+?

Senex

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2011
Northern Indiana, USA
I'm trying to find an app that can hide the clock in the status bar as well as display the memory I have left on my iPhone.

Any suggestions that are compatible with iOS 5+?

I'm not sure if there's one tweak that will do both, but you could try a combination of CleanStatus and SBSettings.

Cleanstatus will allow you to enable/disable any particular status bar items individually, while SBS can display free memory. I'm not sure how well they'll work in concert with one another though.

Schnedi

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2011
yep, you can use springtomize too, but you CAN'T hide the clock and show the free ram available.

they are always together is the way developers of sbsettings did it

Senex

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2011
Northern Indiana, USA
yep, you can use springtomize too, but you CAN'T hide the clock and show the free ram available.

they are always together is the way developers of sbsettings did it

Agreed. After I posted I got to thinking that the freemem in SBS is simply added to the text of the clock itself.

HUGE AL

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2010
Since MakeItMine isn't compatible with iOS5.x, is there another app that can accomplish hiding the status bar clock without utilizing mobile substrate? I've read that CleanStatus drains the battery because it utilizes it.

HUGE AL

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2010
do you want to hide the clock completely in both the lockscreen and homescreen?

No. Just on the status bar when the phone is unlocked. When makeitmine worked, I just put in a bunch of spaces so that it wouldn't show. Don't want to customize the status bar or anything, just hide the clock.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
No. Just on the status bar when the phone is unlocked. When makeitmine worked, I just put in a bunch of spaces so that it wouldn't show. Don't want to customize the status bar or anything, just hide the clock.

You would do the same here with statusmodifier, replace the clock with spaces

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.