Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
Do you guys have a back protector?

If not, how is the back holding up with everyday usage? Any scratches?

I tried putting on a back protector to protect the back of my 5C, but failed miserably and had a lot of dust, even in a steamy bathroom, due to its curve.

So now, I only have a screen protector with a bumper and wanted to ask if the back is pretty scratch resistant?

I'm pretty paranoid about scratches, and was thinking of getting a case that protects the back, but if the back is pretty strong enough to handle scratches from everyday usage, I'll stick to the bumper.

Thanks!

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Do you guys have a back protector?

If not, how is the back holding up with everyday usage? Any scratches?

I tried putting on a back protector to protect the back of my 5C, but failed miserably and had a lot of dust, even in a steamy bathroom, due to its curve.

So now, I only have a screen protector with a bumper and wanted to ask if the back is pretty scratch resistant?

I'm pretty paranoid about scratches, and was thinking of getting a case that protects the back, but if the back is pretty strong enough to handle scratches from everyday usage, I'll stick to the bumper.

Thanks!

The back is probably pretty scratch resistant. But at the end of the day, it's just plastic. You could try a skin. Or Caudabe just released a version of the Veil for the iPhone 5c. If I had the 5c, I'd probably get the frost version. That's what I've got for my 5s and it works well.

Here's a link to all of the colors since you didn't say which 5c you have: http://www.caudabe.com/collections/iphone-5c-accessories

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
The back is probably pretty scratch resistant. But at the end of the day, it's just plastic. You could try a skin. Or Caudabe just released a version of the Veil for the iPhone 5c. If I had the 5c, I'd probably get the frost version. That's what I've got for my 5s and it works well.

Here's a link to all of the colors since you didn't say which 5c you have: http://www.caudabe.com/collections/iphone-5c-accessories

I just got the Caudabe for my niece. Really like it for my 5s and it looks like the same thing, just for the 5c.

iPodJedi

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2013
Apple Store, USA
I use a griffin survivor on my 5c-it is protective/rugged, colored, and has a built in screen protector

I guess it somewhat defeats the reason of having a 5c but id rather protect my iphone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.