Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjz147

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
For iPhone5S, winterboard was recently updated. I applied the ios 6 theme and am not patient enough to wait for an update to either the theme or winter board (whichever it is) for the ios 6 dock. So I have a slight workaround that is a bit of a pain in the butt. But it does work.
You will need icon renamer and dock shift in cydia
This also only works with the default ios 6 home screen wallpaper and standard dock: phone mail safari music (you can change bg if you like)
But this is what I have uploaded

Simply apply the attached wallpaper to your home screen (if you are running ios 6 theme) and use dock shift: transparent mode to remove the ios 7 color and use icon renamer to blank out the app titles for the 4 apps in the dock. This will give you a some what ios 6 dock on ios 7 until it is updated. Granted it is very far feched but if anyone is impatient this may help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 2,789

mjz147

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
Here's how it looks with full ios 6 theme. Not perfect but it works

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 1,124

robertkarlsen

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2011
Halmstad, Sweden
For iPhone5S, winterboard was recently updated. I applied the ios 6 theme and am not patient enough to wait for an update to either the theme or winter board (whichever it is) for the ios 6 dock. So I have a slight workaround that is a bit of a pain in the butt. But it does work.

You will need icon renamer and dock shift in cydia

This also only works with the default ios 6 home screen wallpaper and standard dock: phone mail safari music (you can change bg if you like)

But this is what I have uploaded

Simply apply the attached wallpaper to your home screen (if you are running ios 6 theme) and use dock shift: transparent mode to remove the ios 7 color and use icon renamer to blank out the app titles for the 4 apps in the dock. This will give you a some what ios 6 dock on ios 7 until it is updated. Granted it is very far feched but if anyone is impatient this may help

Make a new without icons in the dock

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.