Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaulexPC

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
I don't think iPhoto can do this.
I have over 6,000 photos on my iPhone. I'd like to move them to my Mac so I can back them up.

The problem is that over the years they have been created in many different folders. Only about 1,000 photos are in the camera roll folder.

I didn't create all the folders. I don't know why my phone did this.

There are hundred of folders. It drives me nuts.

A piece of software to move them to move them would help

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
I don't think iPhoto can do this.
I have over 6,000 photos on my iPhone. I'd like to move them to my Mac so I can back them up.

The problem is that over the years they have been created in many different folders. Only about 1,000 photos are in the camera roll folder.

I didn't create all the folders. I don't know why my phone did this.

There are hundred of folders. It drives me nuts.

A piece of software to move them to move them would help

Why do you think iPhoto won't work ... have you tried it ?

PaulexPC

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
I have tried iPhoto. It doesn't work. The problem is the folder structure on the phone.

My phone has arranged my photos in about 200 different folders (named by dates). I did not intentionally create these.

iPhoto will only grab photos that are the camera roll folder.

So I downloaded an app for $2.99 "Photo Transfer App" and it took about an hour of work but I got them all.

http://phototransferapp.com/

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Your phone doesn't automatically create folders. Some photo apps do but usually it's if your syncing photos to your phone from iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.