Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

st3mpy2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2014
First of all, Apple, your support is terrible terrible terrible. You would think over $600 would buy me the convenience to actually speak with someone WITHOUT having to pay for it! A $1.99 loaf of bread has better customer support than you do!

My GF's iPhone 4s was stolen last week. Her new phone came in (Moto X). One catch: she can't receive text messages from anyone that has an iPhone. Since the phone was stolen, she didn't get the option to turn it off under settings.

I saw online that removing the device from your support profile will sometimes work. I did that. She's still not receiving text message from me (iPhone 5).

What do I need to do?

mdear

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2014
As far as I am aware only Apple can deactivate iMessage without the device itself. They will provide support on this, you may have to request to speak to a senior technician when you phone up and there may be a few hoops to jump through, but they will do it.

st3mpy2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2014
As far as I am aware only Apple can deactivate iMessage without the device itself. They will provide support on this, you may have to request to speak to a senior technician when you phone up and there may be a few hoops to jump through, but they will do it.

Thanks for trying to help.

I've called and all I get is "I'm sorry, I can't help you unless you agree to pay $19".

Looks like I'll be replacing my iPhone with an Android myself when the time comes. I can't accept that *********.

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
You need to request an exception under the pretense that there is a problem with their services. Be persistent and you will get what you need.

mdear

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2014
Thanks for trying to help.

I've called and all I get is "I'm sorry, I can't help you unless you agree to pay $19".

Looks like I'll be replacing my iPhone with an Android myself when the time comes. I can't accept that *********.
Call them back and demand to speak to a senior advisor. They will sort it out though as I said there may be few hoops to jump through.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.