Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LincolnsiPod

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
Both my Calendar and Reminders App at iCloud.com shows 15 badge notifications, despite me having no events or reminders. My iPhone and iPad doesn't show any notifications so I have no idea where it's coming from or how to reset/fix it. Has anyone else noticed an issue like this?

Attachments

• iclouderror.jpg
    iclouderror.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,429

perryke

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2011
Tampa, FL
You Are Not Alone

I have the same issue.
When I open the icloud.com/calendar, then go back to iCloud.com/home, the badge notification for the Calendar goes away. Nothing I've tried has made the badge notifications for the icloud.com/Reminders go away:(

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Do you have something like a third party calendar connection in Calendar? Plus if you open Reminders and when it is open under 'iCloud' in the left hand column and select 'Calendar'. See if there are any Calendar entries you forgot about.

Plus open Calendar and click on any third party entries you might have. Right click on that third party calendar and do a Get Info on it. Then in the get Info window click on the alarm clock symbol and change the alerts.

perryke

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2011
Tampa, FL
It was an Old 10.6.8 iMac

Do you have something like a third party calendar connection in Calendar? Plus if you open Reminders and when it is open under 'iCloud' in the left hand column and select 'Calendar'. See if there are any Calendar entries you forgot about.

Plus open Calendar and click on any third party entries you might have. Right click on that third party calendar and do a Get Info on it. Then in the get Info window click on the alarm clock symbol and change the alerts.

We had just replaced our 6-year old iMac last week and put the old one in a closet waiting for disposition. In that old iMac I had installed my iCloud account via calDav to iCal. After I deleted that CalDav account, the iCloud.com notifications disappeared.

LincolnsiPod

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009

I'm checking, the only thing I have is a TripIt Subscription and "Birthdays" but I think birthdays are native to Calendar. I've unchecked both on the iPhone and iPad but it still hasn't cleared the notifications. I'll need to check my MacBook as well though, there might be something there screwing with it. In Reminders, I don't have a tab for "Calendars" which is why this is so perplexing. I've actually deleted everything in Reminders (lists, etc) to no avail.

Ghostbusters

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
Having the same issue. It started out of the blue. Have my accounts on my Macbook running Mavericks and on my iPhone 5S. Had no issues until about a week and a half ago. Very odd.

LincolnsiPod

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
Those who are experiencing the issue, are you using any calendar subscriptions?

I have to check my MacBook when I get a chance and see if there's something there that might be causing it, although on my iPad and iPhone I don't see any badge notifications. They only show up in iCloud.com. :mad:

LincolnsiPod

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
I've deleted my TripIt subcriptions, but the notifications still stay, so that subscription wasn't related.

I've noticed if I schedule a new reminder, the 15 badge notifications clears and I get 1 notification instead, which is correct. But as soon as I delete that reminder the 15 notifications come right back again. I've deleted my default reminder lists, started new ones, cleared out everything, and the 15 badge notifications still persists. Getting fed up with Apple here.

I also moved the Holidays Subscription Calendar from "My Mac" to iCloud, but it still won't show up at iCloud.com. I'm not sure if that's due to a lack of support for subscription calendars or if there is a bug with this.

I've tried resetting Documents and Data, signing out of all browsers, and clearing caches to no avail. Also deleted the default Calendar and replaced it with a fresh copy. Still no change.

Last edited:

LincolnsiPod

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
I've reported this as a bug since I registered as a developer (might as well take advantage of it) Hopefully they'll look into it.

iMerik

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2011
Upper Midwest
Glad I found this thread. I too have a "2" badge that won't go away. I don't even use the Calendar in iCloud, so I don't have a clue why this appeared. I can't find any content within the calendar let alone anything that would be triggering the badge.

Ghostbusters

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
I've reported this as a bug since I registered as a developer (might as well take advantage of it) Hopefully they'll look into it.

Thanks for reporting!

For me, I do not have any subscriptions aside from the Holiday calendar on my Mac, but it is not synced with iCloud. I doubt it is that as both Reminders and Calendar are having the issue. I think this is a bug of some sort. It's even more baffling given other users who don't use Calendar are showing badge notifications. lol

LincolnsiPod

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
I think a lot of people have to report this as a bug before Apple finally starts to take notice. I really don't know what else to do, as you can't reset iCloud.com the way you can Apple devices. :mad::mad::mad:

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
This is why I hate badges. I find them more of a nuisance that is pestering me to open the app to see what notifications are there. This is why I turn them off for all apps except mail and the app store.

LincolnsiPod

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
As of today I noticed the badge notifications suddenly went away. :D

I posted a bug report and received a response and a request for more info from a developer, but hadn't heard anything for a few weeks. They may have finally got around to this issue and started pushing out a fix today. Anyone else notice any changes?

iMerik

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2011
Upper Midwest
As of today I noticed the badge notifications suddenly went away. :D

I posted a bug report and received a response and a request for more info from a developer, but hadn't heard anything for a few weeks. They may have finally got around to this issue and started pushing out a fix today. Anyone else notice any changes?
Yep, the "2" badge on my icloud.com Calendar app is now gone. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.