Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unlockboot4s

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2012
I want to copy the contacts on my iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0.1 to my macbook's address book, is there a clear way to do this?
Thanks

abentemaliyo

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2013
Re: Can I transfer my iPhone's contacts to my macbook?

Surely, you can.

I guess the only good way is to connect to iTunes and sync. In sync settings, uncheck everything but Contacts. Sync contacts with Windows Contacts. When you get your new iPhone, connect it to iTunes and check its Contacts sync with Windows Contacts again. That should not affect your music (I guess) and backup your contacts too.

Col Ronson

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
Surely, you can.

I guess the only good way is to connect to iTunes and sync. In sync settings, uncheck everything but Contacts. Sync contacts with Windows Contacts. When you get your new iPhone, connect it to iTunes and check its Contacts sync with Windows Contacts again. That should not affect your music (I guess) and backup your contacts too.

iCloud is a lot easier; as it updates over the air automatically. Install the iCloud application for windows if you dont have a mac.

sjpapa

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2014
With Mavericks No more Sync Contacts with iTunes

I find this a huge draw back!

It is not possible to sync contacts between iPhone and Mac via iTunes on Mac OS 10.9. Syncing is only possible via iCloud.

Apple tries to lure us into iCloud. Its practical, but why should I publish all my contacts to Apple?

Jernigan

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2015
You can import contacts from iPhone to mac, which is selected under the Info tab for your iPhone sync preferences with iTunes.
To sync Contacts between iTunes and an iPhone, get your USB cable and open iTunes. From there - type sync contacts into the help menu search field and iTunes help will walk you through the setup. With a few clicks, you should be at a window like this and can turn on the sync for that device.
Or get another app FonePaw iOS Transfer to quickly transfer contacts.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.