Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

malandra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2003
I'm gearing up to buy a permanent desktop system, but will be using my MBP as my main computer for the next few months.

While I decide between mac minis, I am hoping to set up all my peripherals first, most importantly my monitor. Will my MBP be able to drive a 21:9 29" ultra wide monitor without major issues for the time being? Will I need adapters?

I am not a heavy user, mostly word processing. I'd like to try Scrivener, but that's about it.

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
You shouldn't have a problem driving that resolution with the display port cable connection, assuming AOC has PNP that works with mac (should be, since it has display port connection). You'll need a mini display port to display port cable. (you will be able to use the same cable with Mac Mini. (Mini display port was prequel to thunderbolt and uses same connector).

malandra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2003
Thanks for dredging this up from the depths. Probably going yo go with the NEC version on a sale day, big great to know I can get going before a Mac mini release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.