Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrPips

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2013
Hi all,

I'm looking to set up my laptop to automatically mirror my itunes library to my nas drive which is where my sonos takes music.

This could be done everytime it changes but I would prefer to do it every night at a set time.

I've looked at Beyond Compare, but this needs scripting to be able to do it, which I don't have the ability to do.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dom

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
You could use Carbon Copy Cloner for this. The older, free 3.4.7 version will do the trick. Just setup the source and destination then use the schedule task option to setup the run time each night.

DrPips

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2013
Which NAS? My Synology has a cloudstation which can sync a directory to the NAS.

It's a wd mybook live, but the wd software is crap, about half the files failed when I tried a normal copy.

----------

You could use Carbon Copy Cloner for this. The older, free 3.4.7 version will do the trick. Just setup the source and destination then use the schedule task option to setup the run time each night.

Will that do a incremental copy so only the files that have changed?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.