Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHailCaesar

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2013
Not really a point, I guess if your job requires it. I thought the point of a smartphone is to cut down on the devices you carry.

MN7119

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2011
Have a Bberry from work and an iPhone 5 that is my personal phone. Shut off Bberry on Friday after work and only turn it back on Sunday evening to check emails from colleagues from Asia (already Monday for them). I am very diligent in keeping work and personal separate.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I carry two.

My personal iPhone and my work "dumb/flip" phone.

I've just always wanted to keep those two parts of my life seperate.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
work is galaxy s3 and personal is iphone 5

you can use google to sync contacts and whatever if you wanted to

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Not anymore I did in the past for years but I haven't for a few years now. I don't see the point. I do see the point in having multiple tablets though.

whtrbt7

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2011
I carry 2 phones. One is local, the other is international. Everything is synced via exchange and works smoothly.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Yes I carry two iPhone 5s phones; one is my local device and the other my roaming US number.

One is black (grey), the other is white (silver). Helps me differentiate between the two.

It's not weird at all. Just about everyone I know here carries two phones. I see a lot of business travelers and they too carry two phones.

As you said, I have two iPhones because it's easier to sync data between the two.

As for carrying two different devices like Android and iOS; Google is a good provider that helps with that syncing, but it's more tedious that I like.

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
Launch day 2 Black IP4 2010 and Launch Day White IP4 2011.

(Disregard the GF's Launch day Black IP4 in the pic.)

Attachments

• IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 71

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2014
Earth
This. I use Google Voice all the time and give that number out to people who I'm selling something to, 3rd party companies if I need to be reached and so forth. I find it really convenient having 2 numbers going to my phone for instances like Craigslist selling, surveys from sporting events and people I meet that I may not want to keep in contact with for very long.

I do have a separate phone number that keeps my 212 area code for school / job applications and work related stuff. I find it easier to get jobs and get ahold of someone in a big city if you have the area code they're calling from. I keep that number in my Nexus 4 which is rarely used anymore.

I think google voice if used in this manner is the absolute best second number one can get.

I use google voice my self and have all my calls forwarded to my actual number, but this gives me the advantage of keeping two separate lines as well as my messages separate on two different apps. Only thing that sucks about google voice is that it doesn't group text messages, for every new day it creates a new thread for that contact.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I carry an LG CU-515 in my purse so I'll at least have a cellphone if I've absentmindedly left my iPhone charging or something when I go out. The LG line's full upgrade eligibility will come in handy if I want to go for a flagship release instead of waiting for the S cycle which is my usual preference.

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
I have had two phones for as long as I can remember (work/personal).. currently.. I have an iPhone 5 for work and iPhone 5S for personal use.. I must admit this is the first time I have had iOS phone for personal use.. the iPhone 5 from work did its magic in luring me in! :eek:

CalWizrd

Suspended
Jun 21, 2011
NYC/Raleigh, NC
Yes, an iPhone 5 and an iPhone 5S. The 5S is my primary number, and I use the 5 for times I don't want to give out my primary.

Also, they are 1 year apart in acquisition, so I alternate when upgrading. Each year, when I upgrade, I swap numbers so the newest one has the primary number.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.