Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rchawks

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2014
I'm very close to buying a rMBP in the next week or so from Macmall. Any thoughts on this vendor. I'm considering holding off on the MC until the warranty is almost expired because of the sticker shock of the purchase. Is this outlet easy to deal with?

Nov 28, 2010
located
According to many, MacMall is a trusted vendor. Once the machine arrives, and you verified, the machine is to your satisfaction and you do not need/want to return it, which is still easy with MacMall, you can always contact Apple or go to an Apple Retail Store or affiliate to get you warranty's worth.

Rchawks

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2014
Why pay full retail at the apple store when a rMBP can be purchased so much cheaper from Mac Mall using mac insider code to lower the price?

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
The resellers often have different return policies. Apple store has a 14 day return no questions, the resellers do not always do that. If you get a defective machine from a reseller, they will often insist on repairing it instead of replacing it. Other resellers won't give refunds at all - just store credit.

Plenty of reasons to buy from the Apple store.

MacMall is reputable though, but I buy from Apple store since it's nearby and I trust them more; if I have a problem I can go to the store, whereas a reseller I can get stuck waiting for someone on the phone, which is not my idea of good service or fun.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.