Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you upgrade from iPhone 5S to 6 If the specs are as listed?

• Yes

Votes: 103 62.8%
  • No [Why?]

Votes: 61 37.2%

• Total voters

Poly

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
i wish i had the willpower to do that. i always have to have the latest and greatest.

willpower is the keyword^^
But actually i do have the same thoughts as you do.
But my 3GS,4S,5S experience showed me, that the S versions always show a more polished and robust design. That's another argument.

To be honest, i don't even buy the phone on contract. I always buy them full price.

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure it won't be staying as a 4 inch, as what can they upgrade this time round? Camera and more storage, that's about it... So some form of screen increase will have to happen if they want the hype, if it's too similar to a 5s they'll have a lot of angry potential buyers IMO, saying that it'll still sell loads lol.

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
willpower is the keyword^^
But actually i do have the same thoughts as you do.
But my 3GS,4S,5S experience showed me, that the S versions always show a more polished and robust design. That's another argument.

To be honest, i don't even buy the phone on contract. I always buy them full price.

if i buy the phone at full price, lets say 750. sell your old phone for about 400 on ebay. you pay 350 which isn't that bad considering you didn't have a contract to upgrade. thats how i look at it, the extra 50 or so is worth it.

johnson6708

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2014
Yes!!

Yes.. but ONLY if it has a bigger screen, better processor and can compete with some of the new stuff being offered by the new competitors.

I have a 4S and was so desperately hoping Apple would up their game to compete with the cool new androids that are almost like mini tablets. Better resolution, bigger screen real-estate, and just as functional as the apple products...

I hate to say it but if Apple doesn't either fire this dud CEO and put someone in that will make Apple "Apple" again, or put out a product worthy of being giddy and excited again, I'm going with a new brand.. and I would have been ready to get married at Apple I loved their products so much a year or two ago...

There's got to be someone nearly as capable as Steve was out there?

Poly

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
if i buy the phone at full price, lets say 750. sell your old phone for about 400 on ebay. you pay 350 which isn't that bad considering you didn't have a contract to upgrade. thats how i look at it, the extra 50 or so is worth it.

yeah but some of my android-friends are like "uh you need that new phone....it's not like your 5S didn't work anymore he?"

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
yeah but some of my android-friends are like "uh you need that new phone....it's not like your 5S didn't work anymore he?"

its somewhat cheaper to stay on top of things rather than update at a later time. in 2 years you might not be able to get enough for your 5s to buy the 6s. or you still might. :rolleyes:

mskill

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2013
I think a larger iPhone with the same design would be difficult to grip. However, if it adopts rounded edges like an iPad mini, I'm all for it.

Looon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
I just upgraded from the 5 to 5S today
So the answer is yes lol I always end up doing it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.