Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

syntax.syntax

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2014
Well my question is when I sign up do they keep your CC card?So I just newbie to this apple programming.

onekerato

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2011
Well my question is when I sign up do they keep your CC card?So I just newbie to this apple programming.

Yes, your credit card info is captured by Apple and kept on file. However, your membership is NOT automatically renewed at end of the year.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I don't understand why they ask for your adderss and real name for?

The same reason why most retailers ask for your address even if its for an electric purchase. I believe it used to help fight against credit card fraud.

onekerato

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2011
I don't understand why they ask for your adderss and real name for?

Also... what you're buying is akin to a subscription, i.e. Apple Developer membership/agreement for 1 year. It's treated differently than buying candy at the supermarket. There is likely a legal requirement to establish identity of the "subscriber", and thus Apple may be collecting the legal name & registered address. Moreover, if you misuse the subscription and say upload confidential pre-release information to PirateBay, they need to know where to send the Feds :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.