Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michaelpri

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
I have a new 5S. I am not sure that the pictures are as sharp and clear as they should be. I have the flash set on auto but I need to basically need to be in a dark room for it to go off. Are there settings that I need to look at? Is there a way to tell if it is operating properly?

Thanks

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
I have a new 5S. I am not sure that the pictures are as sharp and clear as they should be. I have the flash set on auto but I need to basically need to be in a dark room for it to go off. Are there settings that I need to look at? Is there a way to tell if it is operating properly?

Thanks

do you have an example of a picture? the sensor determines if it needs a flash or not based on the amount of light that is available. I know that if i take it without the flash it will be too dark but with the flash it will be bright or blurred out.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
You can turn on HDR and that will sharpen your pictures. Obviously if you need the flash you'll need to turn it on (or go back to auto).

As strange as it sounds I also blame iOS 7. After I put iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 the pictures didn't seem as "good".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.