Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hiranuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Hi

I have the 4s on IOS 7. I have photos in the Camera Roll, i have the same photos in various albums. Is there a way to delete a photo in the camera roll but still have it remain in the Album. When i try deleting a photo from the camera roll it says that it will be deleted from any album it is in, which is not what i want. Is there a tweak that will allow me to do this.

elfy

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
I don't know if that'd be possible. I could be wrong.

Those photos aren't really stored in two different places. All photos are on your camera roll. The albums are really just showing you collections of photos from the camera roll. Or at least, that's my understanding of it.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I don't know if that'd be possible. I could be wrong.

Those photos aren't really stored in two different places. All photos are on your camera roll. The albums are really just showing you collections of photos from the camera roll. Or at least, that's my understanding of it.

This is correct. The other folders are really just "labels" and the photos aren't duplicated or taking extra space.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.