Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dolphinspirit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Yes I know it is early but has anyone flown in the US with their new Mac Pro as carry on?
I saw one tweet where someone said TSA confiscated it but then I saw an article by a NY Times reporter who said she flew with it as carry on.
Thanks

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Will the case/suite case be within the dimensions of what is allowable for carry on

Also depending on the airline, it will or will not allow it as checked luckage.

Consider this from Delta
  • 1 purse, briefcase, camera bag or diaper bag
  • or 1 laptop computer (computers cannot be checked)
  • or 1 item of a similar or smaller size to those listed above

Be sure to check with the airline you're flying with.

dolphinspirit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Thank you Mike

Yes, the dimensions will be within the checked luggage requirements.
I was mostly interested about TSA as they are the most difficult to deal with but thanks for also mentioning the airline as well.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
Yes I know it is early but has anyone flown in the US with their new Mac Pro as carry on?
I saw one tweet where someone said TSA confiscated it but then I saw an article by a NY Times reporter who said she flew with it as carry on.
Thanks

Try it out for us...let see if TSA will take yours before you could even carry it.

iBighouse

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2012
Ummm...what if you wore it as a hat? Put it upside down on your head and put a tassel on it. Maybe they'll just think your a traveling Shriner.

dolphinspirit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Most likely not!

After doing a bit of research it appears that TSA only allows computers if they are laptops and they don't allow just desktop computers per se.
Kind of makes sense unfortunately.:(

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Thanks

One confused reporter, she was better off carrying a camera instead of a desktop..... maybe she has not heard of laptops ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.