Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yairziv1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2014
Israel
So this is my first post of many ,

Im from Israel and soon moving to NYC :D

Im looking to buy a rMBP, probably from the main Apple Store at the 5th Avenue if i'm not mistaken.

So i saw the price tag at the Apple web site at 1499$
im talking about the rMBP 13" with 8 gigs of ram.

Becuse im not local (for now.. ) i wanted to ask if the price includes the tax or without?
if without, id like to get a price estimate from you guys if i can :)

Many thanks!

bdj33ranch

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2005
Hope you have a safe trip here. I don't know if price - or convenience - is most important to you.

Nothing is simple regarding taxes in the USA. In the US each State has different rules for tax rates. This link shows the tax rate for each state:

http://www.tax-rates.org/taxtables/sales-tax-by-state

But then you also have to add County and City taxes. If you click on one of the states in in link above it will give you more information on that State - and maybe County and City taxes.

Since you are making a fairly large purchase I suggest the following. Once you arrive look up Apple Stores within reasonable travel distance - preferably in different cities and states. Call them and ask their sales tax rate. It might make sense to do a day trip adventure.

You may possibly reduce taxes by buying online from companies like MacMall, BH Photo, LA Computer, Amazon and others. Rules vary as to why some do and some don't charge tax.

Finally, don't overlook the online Apple Store "Refurbished & Clearance" section. Link is located at the bottom of the Apple Store web page. It's updated daily. Apple refurbished products have the same guarantee as new items.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
even in the most expensive tax state it will be cheaper than any other country apart from hong kong

Not true. After sales tax it's pretty much identical to UK pricing (some cheaper, some more expensive depending on the region).

Y90Ziv

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2014
Not true. After sales tax it's pretty much identical to UK pricing (some cheaper, some more expensive depending on the region).

You will be amazed and shocked but in Israel the price of 13-inch: 2.4GHz with Retina display MBP is 2200$.

In the US its 1499$... can you believe it?!

And i asked before why is it so high and they sad... "shipping rates." :confused:

kelon111

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2013
You will be amazed and shocked but in Israel the price of 13-inch: 2.4GHz with Retina display MBP is 2200$.

In the US its 1499$... can you believe it?!

And i asked before why is it so high and they sad... "shipping rates." :confused:

Don't you guys pay more taxes and import fees as well?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.