Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

z06gal

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2011
It's one of the default programs. You have to change your user type to Developer to see it listed.

After adding the repo I was able to update Flipswitch and the latest beta is working for me.

Thanks for this. It seems to be working now. Hope it continues as I really like it ;)

fjd726

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2011
Pictures show up as [Photo]Tap to View. Clicking them opens up a preview. And when composing it should just pull contacts? I did see a crash in QC when typing out a contact today but it hasn't happened again. I've had many more crashes with bite. Neither are perfect.

Photos do not show up at all inside quick compose. They Will also not show up when receiving a photo in the qc or qr window. You must be in reg message app to view them.

If you have 2 or more phone numbers for a contact, couria still fails to distinguish which number may be a cell, home, or other number. Check it out for yourself. Unless you memorize a contacts info, you have no idea which is which.

I'm still getting safe mode crashes when typing in contact info in the qc section. Bitesms is much better at this point. I haven't experienced any crashing so far.

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Got another springboard crash in QC. Seems to happen when I type in a contact. Not every time but every few times it looks like. You're right about double contacts. Didn't know what you meant from the previous post. As for pictures, in QC it still doesn't display the picture in the input field (but does send). In the window/history it does show up as a preview link for me:

e6yvages.jpg

EDIT: some people on reddit are claiming that updating flipswitch to 1.0.3 in ryan petrich's repo solves the QC crashing. I already had it and reinstalling didn't seem to solve it.

Last edited:

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
How are you guys activating the quick compose? I can only use quick reply it if someone has already messages me?thought there was a CC toggle but cannot locate it

Use activator.

As a aside note the newest update crashes my phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.