Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Again, proof of what? I said that had plenty of money in the short term. You haven't said anything to dispute that.

I guess you are shooting for a semantic argument here. Shareholders "choose" by deciding to invest their money in the company.

And yet, you didn't actually provide any evidence that what I said was incorrect. You simply disagreed based on semantics.

Proof that they aren't spending the money as evidenced by the explosion in retained earnings. Any argument that they will suddenly need this vastly larger pot of money for something in the future requires something more than a private theory as evidence -- which I know you haven't got, so please stop trying fake it.

Not semantics, the truth. You are insisting that I disprove your unsupported theory. No thanks, not going to play.

stars_fan

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Nut house
Proof that they aren't spending the money as evidenced by the explosion in retained earnings. Any argument that they will suddenly need this vastly larger pot of money for something in the future requires something more than a private theory as evidence -- which I know you haven't got, so please stop trying fake it.

Not semantics, the truth. You are insisting that I disprove your unsupported theory. No thanks, not going to play.

So no proof? I like the I will take my ball home and play with myself stratigey.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008

You are just making up something to argue with here. I never said or implied any of those things.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
You are just making up something to argue with here. I never said or implied any of those things.

Oh, really? He said:

Apple has more money they can use.

And you replied:

In the short term.

You persist in avoiding a disclosure of your theories about what these mysterious "non short term" uses might be that could required anything remotely like $158B. From experience I suspect that this because you can't think of a single one that survives the most basic plausibility test.

In the meantime, please refrain from saying that I am making something up when I am simply attempting to get you to stand by your own statements.

----------

So no proof? I like the I will take my ball home and play with myself stratigey.

Ah, no.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
Oh, really? He said:

And you replied:

You persist in avoiding a disclosure of your theories about what these mysterious "non short term" uses might be that could required anything remotely like $158B. From experience I suspect that this because you can't think of a single one that survives the most basic plausibility test.

In the meantime, please refrain from saying that I am making something up when I am simply attempting to get you to stand by your own statements.

All the I implied was that the long term is uncertain. The rest you made up to argue with. Unless you have some sort of proof that they have more money than they can use in the long term. Which seems pretty ridiculous to me.

smoledman

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2011
The amazing thing is that after the MS/Nokia deal closes and MS pays $7.2 billion, Apple's cash hoard will be 2x as big. Now Microsoft's cash hoard is a monster pile too, but Apple has enough money to buy a country.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.