Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
Looking for recommendations for a good bluetooth headset. I've never used one before, need to start. This will be used for mainly phone calls, maybe a little music. Looking for something under $100
Thanks

Last edited:

Bamff

macrumors regular
May 6, 2013
There are 2 or 3 threads on this topic already. Here's one that would probably be the more helpful.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1686310/

Last edited:

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Check out the jawbone era. The new one just came out but if you want to save some $ check out the used ones on eBay (last gen model). It's really a great headset although I do recommend replacement ear tips.

Liskrig

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2014
Mass
I'm currently using the Bose bluetooth headset ($150) but I second the post on the Jawbone.

If you are primarily using it for calls, it doesn't get much better than that. The New one (2014) is available without the charging-case for $99.

Just let it be known, that the noise-cancelation feature does not work with Siri, or any other audio recording app. At least that was the last I knew with my 2013 ERA...

Hope this helps!

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
I currently own the Bose, Jawbone Icon, Blue Ant Q3. I have the new Jawbone ERA coming today actually.

My experience:

Bose sounded the best but had no battery indicator on phone (which i like). Also had no way to control music (start/stop). Not the loudest but sufficient. Really liked the ear gel.

Jawbone Icon had the best noise cancellation but was low volume and lots of crackle. Did not find it comfy.

Blue Any is the best all around (currently using). Has battery indicator for phone, volume control on device, and can use with music. Very good noise cancellation and decently loud. But the fit is the worst of the three. I don't like the earloops as i find it moves around and takes longer to put on. The included ear piece is supposedly able to be used without loop but it never stays put.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.