Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deepika

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2014
Hi All,

I have developed selenium scripts in Macbook Pro. I need to run the same in iPad and I couldnt achieve this as we cannot install Java in iPad. Can anyone explain how this can be achieved.

Thanks in advance,
Deepika

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
If these scripts require java, then I'd say you cannot run them since iOS does not support java

tomaseriksson

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
You need to pull the code, compile and push the application with xcode. To run it on a actual device you need a apple developer account, if you don't have on you can only use the ios simulator.

csixty4

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
Somerville, MA
I haven't tried it yet, but there's a Selenium extension called ios-driver that's supposed to run test scripts using the protocol Apple put in place for remote debugging in Safari. You might want to check that out.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Please suggest me a way to run selenium scripts in iPad

If it requires Java or Flash you can't. There is no support for these in iOS. There is no way to add support. The best you might get is to create a program that will essentially Remote Desktop to a computer that is running the scripts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.