Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
I upgraded my iMac to Mavericks but I want to continue using the old versions of Pages, Keynote and Numbers and not update to the new versions. Simple enough.. don't update. However, I hit the update reminder button on the drop down thinking it would give me the option to decide which items to update and too late :(.. Pages, Keynote and Numbers installed.

Read online.. just delete the new versions and the old versions would still work. Which they do. But in the event I would ever want to install the new versions I checked the App store and "update" iworks is not an option. App store thinks it's already installed. So I copied the three programs from the trash to a USB drive to keep in case I would ever want to use them.

So before I empty the trash... will that work? Can I just drag the new versions of these three programs back onto my Mac and they will work, simple as that? Ex-Windows user here so not sure if simple drag and drop works for programs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.