Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
I wasn't able to test it with ios6 since I immediately updated from ios6.1JB-

I added a couple new contacts on my phone and they don't sync or show on OSX iMessage or my iPad.

Couldn't find this on the forum and I'd assume that its a JB bug?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I wasn't able to test it with ios6 since I immediately updated from ios6.1JB-

I added a couple new contacts on my phone and they don't sync or show on OSX iMessage or my iPad.

Couldn't find this on the forum and I'd assume that its a JB bug?

Turn contact syncing off

Try browsing to /var/mobile/Library/addressbook

Delete whatever is inside (this WILL remove all your current contacts). Make a backup just in case

Respring, open contacts app and it should be empty now

Enable contact syncing in iCloud. Merge contacts. Make a new contact and see if syncs to iCloud now

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
Turn contact syncing off

Try browsing to /var/mobile/Library/addressbook

Delete whatever is inside (this WILL remove all your current contacts). Make a backup just in case

Respring, open contacts app and it should be empty now

Enable contact syncing in iCloud. Merge contacts. Make a new contact and see if syncs to iCloud now

It didn't delete anything in the contacts.

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
Must be something wrong with iCloud's server. That shouldn't be a JB bug... Cause that's never happened to me before..

I'd say check iCloud website and edit a contact from there and see if anything changes on your iOS device.

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
Must be something wrong with iCloud's server. That shouldn't be a JB bug... Cause that's never happened to me before..

I'd say check iCloud website and edit a contact from there and see if anything changes on your iOS device.

I made a fake contact from icloud and it showed up in my iPhone's contact however it doesn't work the other way. I guess it's not JB but something isn't working right. iCloud is up (http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/)

I feel like restoring the phone but it could be a waste of time.

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
I made a fake contact from icloud and it showed up in my iPhone's contact however it doesn't work the other way. I guess it's not JB but something isn't working right. iCloud is up (http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/)

I feel like restoring the phone but it could be a waste of time.

Checked your iCloud settings on your iPhone? Uncheck and Check the contacts pane through iCloud. See if that works.

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
Any other accounts (gmail, outlook, etc.) syncing contacts?
If so, give disabling the other account a try.

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
Checked your iCloud settings on your iPhone? Uncheck and Check the contacts pane through iCloud. See if that works.
I'll give it a shot, thanks
Any other accounts (gmail, outlook, etc.) syncing contacts?
If so, give disabling the other account a try.

I always had google contacts disabled and somehow it was on since I upgraded to IOS7. I just disabled it and I'll play with it and see if it caused it. Thanks!

At this point, I think it was google sync that had turned itself on. It wasn't JB.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.